Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correlation between increasing intelligence and atheism

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ed2hands wrote: »

I mean would a test to find out whether say Cork or Kerry is the smartest be of any use?
    What would that produce?

I wouldn't see that as the same tbh. Someone from Kerry can't look at a study proving that Cork people are smarter and use that information to decide to be from Cork but someone can look at a study showing a correlation between atheism and intelligence and possibly reconsider their beliefs based on this information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Seachmall wrote: »
    Probably arrogance on one side and denial on the other side.

Exactly how i feel.
    Seachmall wrote: »
    Science should be allowed to question things without screams of political correctness or what-have-you,

To a point, but science IMO should not be used to try to prove rather distasteful claims of intellectual superiority over other races and creeds.
    I think trumpetting this is up there with ridicule as some of militant atheisms less savoury but unfortunately most popular forms of expressing itself. Which is sad.

Advertisement