Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym advice/reviews Drogheda

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

It's out the Ballymackenny road where Sheelin Office Furniture used to be. Just past the entrance to Castle Manor and the Boyne rugby club. It's only about 2 mile down the road from where they were

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garvalla

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pvt

no one has mentioned a place called lab fitness? I checked their site but it doesn't seem like they have any cardio equipment there. It looks like they do fitness classes only, am I right?

Just got a letter off Aura saying my membership expires soon and as a valued customer they'll offer me a 12 month cash-up-front renewal rate of €395.

I joined two years ago and paid €300 for 12 months, then last year I paid the €395, and I've barely been near the place. Anyone tried to haggle with these guys or get the rate reduced?

Aura's handy for me, as it's just around the corner (when I'm in the humour of going) but for €395 I can find plenty of other things I'd rather spend my money on (taking a decent chunk out of my Credit Union for a start).

Won't be rejoining for €395, so just thought I'd see if anyone else has haggled with them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

pvt wrote: »
    no one has mentioned a place called lab fitness? I checked their site but it doesn't seem like they have any cardio equipment there. It looks like they do fitness classes only, am I right?

Yes, just classes but very good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JoJoDonohoe

If you are looking for classes there is a guy doing classes in the Southgate fitness suite in Grange Rath a number of evenings a week. Caters for beginners and advanced. He is very good. Does Pay as You Go or monthly deals. So you arent tied in

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

wanted to open up this thread again. Was thinking of joining a gym on south side of Drogheda. Does anyone know what Boyne Valley are currently charging? I checked with Energie(bettystown) and they are charging 400 for a yearly membership which I find far too much!?. I wanted use of a gym so I can go late enough at night and on a sat aft. and sunday , 7pm weekday classes don't suit my hours etc. Can anyone recommend Boyne Valley or somewhere that isn't charging 400?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Energie is in the retail park beside woodies. There is an integral in bettystown. Also aura on southside

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Rossin wrote: »
    Energie is in the retail park beside woodies. There is an integral in bettystown. Also aura on southside

Thanks, but integral in bettystown is charging 400 pp!! looking for somewhere cheaper

I was in the boyne valley a few years ago and it was fine. Aura would be better if youre looking for classes id say but for good value id certainly give boyne valley a call id say theyre the cheapest on the south side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brit1234

So the MAtrix is closed....... taken the money from the customers and closed
    sfx got the members names and are offering some discount on membership

reposting from the other thread:

I've contacted gardai and they said it's civil matter, and they can't do anything about it - it's contract between you and the owner

so the only way to get something done is to start a civil action against the owner, but for that a lot of people would have to get together

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

brit1234 wrote: »

I've contacted gardai and they said it's civil matter, and they can't do anything about it - it's contract between you and the owner

so the only way to get something done is to start a civil action against the owner, but for that a lot of people would have to get together

Really??!
    And there's been posts in here before mention how it was being run by gangsters!! I was in there once of twice and was always hounded to join for all sorts of deals... it just all looked a bit too shady! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is this same owner who originally owned Westgate Fitness? Is there even a case here? I did see a post on the other thread that said Matrix had a sign up to tell people to contact SFX. I dropped into SFX some time ago before they moved and was also offered a good deal as they knew me from a previous gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Myself and my friend had membership up for renewal in Aura. Individually received renewal notices of €360 for the year, or €44 direct debit monthly I think. Anyhow, couldn't afford 360 straight out, so have opted for a Joint Membership which is €72 per month for the 2 of us. Not as good ast the 360 deal, but, still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Taking a civil case can be expensive and only generally worth it if the person you are pursuing has any money to pay you.

I was a member of this gym as well. It's the 3rd one he's owned and has had to close due to 'unforseen circumstances.' Rumours are this is all because of unpaid debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

Does anyone have a contact for the matrix gym or have any idea what they plan to do with their equipment? We would probably look to take some of it.

If anyone has heard any recent prices of local gyms could you pop them up here. So far i've only spoken to Aura

aura student membership, €36 per month

Advertisement