Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names on buses where are they?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 2:43pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

Often in the City Centre we see names on Buses and i have been in Dublin a very long time and i've never even heard of these places?Also When is a good Wall Map coming out with ALL the services Clearly Visible????I'm looking forward to buying good apps. to take all the doubt and indecision out of travel.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

paddyandy wrote: »
    Often in the City Centre we see names on Buses and i have been in Dublin a very long time and i've never even heard of these places?Also When is a good Wall Map coming out with ALL the services Clearly Visible????I'm looking forward to buying good apps. to take all the doubt and indecision out of travel.

Given the network is currently changing every two weeks with the implementation of the Network Direct project a wall map would be redundant very quickly.

When the various changes are finished (probably early in the new year) there will have to be a huge renewal of all the information particularly including updating maps.

At the moment you can see the route that any bus takes by looking at the "view map" button on any timetable page on the Dublin bus website.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

We do tend to suffer somewhat from "Local-itus" in our choice of destination displays for buses - picking some fairly minor road (which the bus might not even terminate on) rather than the more general well known area.

example:

14 Ardlea Road. (it doesn't even reach there on the outbound trip!)
    better might be "Artane Castle"

Unless you know where Ardlea Road is, it doesn't really tell you much about where the route is going generally in the city, whereas "Artane" or "Beaumont (Ardlea)" might be more of a clue.

Likewise "Limekiln Ave" or "Jamestown Road" on the old 19A would not be helpful unless you knew the specific areas already.

C635

Advertisement