Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aran Islands

Options
  • 25-09-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going on a surf trip next week. I am going to Castlegregory and Lahinch but I also wanted to hit the Aran Islands. Does anyone know if you can rent boards and suits there?

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As far as I know there's no surf schools/rental places on the aran islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

There are no facilities for renting gear out there, the breaks out there are pretty sketchy . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aislingmd

3 Students going to the aran islands in the summer looking for a cheap place to stay for a night or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Which Island, most have hostels or bring a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

There are no facilities for renting gear out there, the breaks out there are pretty sketchy . . .
    Didnt someone die surfing there last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

The year before I think. Head injury from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

Surfing those islands is painful, unless you like very long walks, or have a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

This should give you an idea of the type of reef you'll be surfing on, super nasty

236346.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 con 212

On your way you should defo try out Achill Island, Myself and some friends always try to get there at least a few times a year as well as lahinch.

Advertisement