Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with a garden wall

Options
  • 25-09-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello all, See attached. It's a picture of part of our garden wall. As you can see there's flaking whitewash on it.
    I'd like to do something with it and the area above it. Any ideas? Or know where I could see some ideas?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 donegal100

Picture as promised...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I would rip it out and rebuild in the style of that fine old side wall. And maybe build it angled back towards the lawn, so that it gives more of a sense of being in the garden - rather than in a trench below it.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, as it's a rented house, we can't alter the wall. Just paint it and plant/replant grass or flowers etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

You'll get tons of advice on best plants etc. if you post over in the gardening forum :)

Ok, will do, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement