Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA copy sonys "no lawsuit" TOC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Thankfully, the EU consumer rights forbids this kind of thing, hence why if you read the full agreement, EU is excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

It amazes me that such a clause is apparently legal in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ríomhaire wrote: »

Corporations are given the same rights as human beings in America. No joke. I just wish they could be executed, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ríomhaire wrote: »

It's not apparently legal it is, The US Supreme Court and some big precedent are already there so there really isn't any reason for a company not to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

why the feck dice has anything to do with those assholes?!

so basicly they can tell you here is BF3 game, 20eu, go buy it. you buy it and its just a wallpaper for BF3. You cant do a thing, because you agreed not to sue EA in terms and agreements.... this is just lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

why the feck dice has anything to do with those assholes?!QUOTE]
    £s,$s and €s , the company was publicly listed on the stock exchange, EA offered enough cash to buy any available shares at a good price.
    If EA didnt but them up one of the other big publishers would of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

so basicly they can tell you here is BF3 game, 20eu, go buy it. you buy it and its just a wallpaper for BF3. You cant do a thing, because you agreed not to sue EA in terms and agreements.... this is just lol.
    Not really, the ToS change states you can't sue them in either class action or jury trial forms, that leaves arbitration. Now while many commentators online have noted that arbitration usually favors the corporations, something like you described would be an insta-win for consumers. In fact, I can't think of many things a company like EA could do that wouldn't mean an instant win for consumers. Within reason of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

If EA didnt but them up one of the other big publishers would of.

qft. Butt them up :eek: reeaaal good like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'm gonna make a game or utility app and put it in the EULA that the user has to legally transfer me all their property, money, deeds and assets, and they forfit their legal, civil and human rights to me by name, and that I am not legally liable for nurdering them in cold blood.

the trouble with EULAs is that are not proven legal contracts, their worded carefully to resemble legal jargon, but they have never been put to the test.

I want my 'murder is legal' EULA put on trial and a precedent set on this bull**** we never read and always click 'I Agree' on.

SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spacedog wrote: »
    I'm gonna make a game or utility app and put it in the EULA that the user has to legally transfer me all their property, money, deeds and assets, and they forfit their legal, civil and human rights to me by name, and that I am not legally liable for nurdering them in cold blood.

the trouble with EULAs is that are not proven legal contracts, their worded carefully to resemble legal jargon, but they have never been put to the test.

I want my 'murder is legal' EULA put on trial and a precedent set on this bull**** we never read and always click 'I Agree' on.

SD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Spacedog wrote: »

SD.
    Just send EA a letter telling them that by you playing their game they automatically agree to your TOC and that they now owe you everything they have.

Advertisement