Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels

• 25-09-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend boarding kennels for dogs in the Limerick area. Heading away for 2 weeks and need someone reliable to mind our dogs.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

We have used Ballycar Kennels in Newmarket on Fergus for the last 3 years (since our guy was 6 months old) and are very happy with them. We've used them 9 times now and don't have a bad word to say about them. He loves them and Lorna the owner is fabulous. Ballycar's Number is 087 6642465

Alternatively, in the opposite direction is Annesgrove in Blackwater. My Mum uses these kennels and having dropped her doggie out there, I would be quite happy to be kennelled there myself :D:D:D The surroundings are lovely as is the owner.

Annesgrove's number is 086 3234094

You will need to ensure that your dog's vaccines are up to date and documented, including Kennel Cough. Also, if you have a female due in heat when you are away, you may have problems as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jenny from the block

Bicycle wrote: »
    We have used Ballycar Kennels in Newmarket on Fergus for the last 3 years (since our guy was 6 months old) and are very happy with them. We've used them 9 times now and don't have a bad word to say about them. He loves them and Lorna the owner is fabulous. Ballycar's Number is 087 6642465

Alternatively, in the opposite direction is Annesgrove in Blackwater. My Mum uses these kennels and having dropped her doggie out there, I would be quite happy to be kennelled there myself :D:D:D The surroundings are lovely as is the owner.

Annesgrove's number is 086 3234094

You will need to ensure that your dog's vaccines are up to date and documented, including Kennel Cough. Also, if you have a female due in heat when you are away, you may have problems as well.

Thanks very much. Will look into these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Have always used Glen Rua in Kildimo for cats and Dogs and find them excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I've used Lackamore Boarding Kennels out on the Newport/Rearcross road for a good few years now and I wouldn't dream of putting my pooch anywhere else!

Tricia and Mike look after my dog as if it's their own and they have a lovely way with animals. They seem to have a lot of repeat business too. Contact number is 087 945 6733.

I'm currently being charged €12 per night for mine (small dog).

BTW no affiliation with them - just a very, VERY, happy customer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

We've used Jockey Hall Kennels out in Crecora for our cat for years (they do dogs too ;)
    Pat And Josette really look after the animals there
    http://www.jockeyhallkennels.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

closifer wrote: »
    Have always used Glen Rua in Kildimo for cats and Dogs and find them excellent

Didn't think them great, far better 1 in ballyclough for a few € extra. imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

DemoniK wrote: »
    We've used Jockey Hall Kennels out in Crecora for our cat for years (they do dogs too ;)
    Pat And Josette really look after the animals there
    http://www.jockeyhallkennels.ie/
    +1 for Jockey hall. We have used them for the past 5 years at least and couldn't praise them enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nay of these places open to haggling? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend boarding kennels for dogs in the Limerick area. Heading away for 2 weeks and need someone reliable to mind our dogs.

Thanks.

What part of the Limerick area are you looking for? There are some good kennels outside limerick city but might require a bit of a hike depending where u are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Are you any where near Ballingarry? Can't reccomend Geraldine highly enough
    Ballingarry Co Limerick

(087)6976630

Advertisement