Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fig Roll Manufacturer?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

/From the anything-for-a-quiet-life dept. My wife knows everything, except how to find what she wants. Her opinion is that Jacob's fig rolls are have been absolutely crap since the local factory closed. I agree. Some Irish guy is making them, I am told under franchise. He was on the Late Late, I am told. Original recipe I'm told. Fine. Where is he selling them? Who the hell is he?? Thanks for your cooperation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

/From the anything-for-a-quiet-life dept. My wife knows everything, except how to find what she wants. Her opinion is that Jacob's fig rolls are have been absolutely crap since the local factory closed. I agree. Some Irish guy is making them, I am told under franchise. He was on the Late Late, I am told. Original recipe I'm told. Fine. Where is he selling them? Who the hell is he?? Thanks for your cooperation.

I thought all the Jacobs stuff was being produced in the UK now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Most of Jacobs Fruitfield products are now made by 3rd parties in the UK and Europe these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD COMMENT:
    A discussion on fig rolls and where to find them does not pertain to a discussion of Irish Economy, and may be more appropriately moved to another forum that specifically addresses such.

Will be moved to the Snacks and Sweets forum locked, allowing for their mods to review this thread for appropriateness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 business.kid

Oops! Sorry Mr Moderator, Sir. On a point of order, it _was_ an industrial question. I was not trying to discuss fig rolls, but I sought to support Irish Industry (If I could find it). Nevertheless, I am perfectly happy to do so here. Never mind what they are. I used to repair PCBs for the factory (and many other places) until they closed. Of course they are gone. About 2005, IIRC. Where to get the Irish made ones made on some franchise? Did anybody hear of them?

Advertisement