Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Rice for a party of 50

Options
  • 25-09-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am sorry if this has been posted before, but don't have the patience to read all 197 pages!!!

Does anyone know how to cook perfect rice for a party of 50 people. Planning a party and wish to serve dish with rice. I normally cook rice by the absorption method and am always successful but can't think how to make enough for 50 without it getting sticky. Any tried and tested methods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can't think of any thread dealing with preparing rice in large quantities, but the Search function is there to help you at a time such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i cooked a few kilos of rice in a big pot last year for about 25people.... turned out a disaster but i threw it out to them, but i knew they were too nice to complain about it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

In this situation in the past, I just ordered 30 portions of rice from the Chinese. Kept warm in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Swampy wrote: »
    In this situation in the past, I just ordered 30 portions of rice from the Chinese. Kept warm in the oven.
    My local chinese does catering for parties, you often see them going out with massive pots of curries and rice. Obviously you should give as much notice as possible so they can plan around it.

Noodles would be easier in bulk, if thats an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Rice cookers are brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement