Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celica Project

Options
  • 25-09-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Well folks I'm wondering do ye think this celica be a worthwhile project/ investment. If the advertiser is being truthful it doesn't need a hell of a lot and it would seem pretty sound apart from the little bit of damage, on paper at least. €200 is 2 to 3 nights out on the p!ss.

What I would plan to do with the car is fix any parts that are broken and dry store it at home for a number of years, carrying out the necessary periodic maintenance. When and if the time presents itself I would then sell the car for what I hope would be a tidy little profit (assuming driving petrol cars is a done thing then). This particular model of Celica does strike me as being one that will appreciate. Ive no doubt that there is even a cult status attached to it already.

The colour might not be to everyones taste but Im sure it would have its fans too. It does look pretty original and unmolested so there is a lot to be said for that. Have also being considering a 1983 - 92 model CRX but a lot seem to be trashed with tacky stuck on bodykits. For a pretty straight one €200 wont go too far.

What are yer thoughts folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Is this one a better option? (I realise it will cost more!)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2485154

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

si_guru wrote: »
    Is this one a better option? (I realise it will cost more!)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2485154

Would that not cost 700 quid to clear though???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Would that not cost 700 quid to clear though???

No doubt. Still could be a nice future (read OP) profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

that first celica should break into more than the asking price so if you decided it was going to be too costly to sort out you'd get the price of it back handy enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks for yer replies folks. I do like the one you linked to also si guru, it looks to be in good order apart from needing the door fitted. However, I think the earlier model might be inclined to appreciate faster as I would hazard a guess that it would bode higher up the pecking order with the Toyota diehards, as the same could also be said about the hardtop version too I reckon.

Apart from that the VRT needs to be taken into consideration and possibility of corrosion underneath being a UK import. I do appreciate that there is a high probability that the motor I linked to was a UK import at some stage too though, so it may not be exempt from this problem also.

Anyone know if acquiring parts for these Toyotas poses a major problem. Would body panels be as rare as hens teeth, never mind the correct colour?

• Advertisement
Advertisement