Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Parlour?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

whelan1 wrote: »
    but where on the tail do you put it? is it the tail head up at the cows backside or down at the bottom?

Well we put it about half way up - either just above or just below the rump rail depending on size of cow

Like i said we are not a fan of it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Uibh Fhaile

On the milking parlour..... this doc is a bit techy but might be of interest to you http://www.milkquality.ie/documents/Teagasc_IMQCS_Manual.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

that is nuts. lads ye do understand that a cow milking is a mental thing and not phyisical.ye should all get a sqeeze of the vice grip iynwim.putting a heifer in pain so you can go through the motions of milk will not milk her.dont get me wrong i am well able to throw a punch into one when i feel like it when one is acting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

clamp is used as a last resort.... either that or have your arm broken into bits for you.....

we find the clamp a super job.... much better than using a kickbar on heifers especially.. our heifers were inclined to do a bit of jumping around when the kickbar was put on....

position clamp high up on the tail......

do not put it close to the bottom cos if she starts swinging her tail...... ya know the rest....

cow/heifer will milk away with clamp on....

Advertisement