Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix 2011 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Fair play to Dolan, on recent form he looked the better player and he went out and proved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Brilliant from Dolan should help his cause getting into the world championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

delighted for brendan, great stuff, alot of 160 starts

citywest looked like a ghostown?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but is there a bookies taking bets at the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but is there a bookies taking bets at the venue?

i think they have done away with it after someone tried to rob the stand member at the end of the night a few years back

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    i think they have done away with it after someone tried to rob the stand member at the end of the night a few years back

Thanks Double Top, why am I not surprised. Guess it's a case of doing my bets before I head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thanks Double Top, why am I not surprised. Guess it's a case of doing my bets before I head.

Or stick some money into PP like lm gona do and just ring up with bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

Was there Monday, there is a bookies stand there. Well done Brendan;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

rabsmith2 wrote: »

Was there ? which bookies was it do you remember ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Wow,
    pleasantly surprised by the form of Dolan.
    Fair play to him, threw some great darts and deserved the win.

• Advertisement

rabsmith2 wrote: »

Remember there's been promo stands there before, did you actually place a bet at the stand or did you see people placing cash bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

Remember there's been promo stands there before, did you actually place a bet at the stand or did you see people placing cash bets?

The fella sat next to me went out and backed part to win when he was 1 set down, he was a happy bunny. Not sure who the bookie was .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Only in at start of 2nd set between Whitlock & Hylton. Hylton is throwing some brilliant darts!

Would love to see Nicholson beat Taylor. It would really open up the tournament with Barney, Lewis, Anderson all out and Wade not throwing the best its there for someone else to step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I'd beat Nicholson myself the way he is playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I think someone was really put in there place there.... Another grand prix title for taylor me thinks..

wow...this is gonna be an exciting game! Blink n you miss it action :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Shazmo2011

What do you think about this -

Taylor - Webster, most 180s TIE - 6/1
    Wade - Smith, most 180s TIE - 9/2
    Dolan - Henderson, most 180s TIE - 9/2

Works out at roughly 200/1! And I don't think its as improbable as the odds suggest it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great win for dolan. won't be easy against hendo tonight. taylor webster should be a cracker. nice to see burnett back and hylton doing well. he's a player thats moved up a lot of places this year , put in a decent performance at the worlds as well. For the semis id' say it will be taylor v burnett and dolan v wade

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

I can see Webster beating Taylor tonight.He seems to be suited to this format.Scores well and starts fast.The double 10 and treble 19 were being hopped off by him last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

anyone know the order of play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

hawaii501 wrote: »
    anyone know the order of play?

Dolan v Henderson 7.10
    Smith v Wade 8.30
    Taylor v Webster 9.45
    Hylton v Burnett 11.00

Shazmo2011 wrote: »
    What do you think about this -

Taylor - Webster, most 180s TIE - 6/1
    Wade - Smith, most 180s TIE - 9/2
    Dolan - Henderson, most 180s TIE - 9/2

Works out at roughly 200/1! And I don't think its as improbable as the odds suggest it is.

Put it this way, how many matches so far this week have been tied for 180's? Now remember this is longer format than previous rounds, makign it more improbable that the 180s with be equal.

I'd say its very improbable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Shazmo2011

Devastator wrote: »
    Put it this way, how many matches so far this week have been tied for 180's? Now remember this is longer format than previous rounds, makign it more improbable that the 180s with be equal.

No idea how many tie's there have been mate but I know that in alot of the matches over the last couple days there hasn't been more than one or two 180s seperating the players by the end of it.

I'm not saying its gonna win, I'm saying @ 200/1 I think its definitely worth a few euros.

I was in the shop earlier and seen some chap fork out six quid on a Euromillions ticket, I was like "don't be a mug pal, if you're gonna gamble with a six euro stake might aswell go up to Paddy's and do the following bet :P"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just to let everyone know, Sky Sports are having a break in their coverage from 8:30pm to 9:45pm because there will be football on all four channels. This means that we will probably miss the Smith v Wade game but they won't start the Taylor v Webster game until they are back on the air.

On the plus side you will get to watch Ireland play Andorra for an 1hr 15mins ;)

Shazmo2011 wrote: »

I was in the shop earlier and seen some chap fork out six quid on a Euromillions ticket, I was like "don't be a mug pal, if you're gonna gamble with a six euro stake might aswell go up to Paddy's and do the following bet :P"

Fair do's, each to their own. For the returns (100m), I think I'd rather take a chance on the lottery as I reckon its got about as much chance as the 180 ties the night :)

btw - thanks for the reminder, I gotta go put some money in my online account for tonights euromillions :D Tell ya what, if I win the jackpot I'll give ya yer £200 ya lost out on from the 180s haha

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, Sky Sports are having a break in their coverage from 8:30pm to 9:45pm because there will be football on all four channels. This means that we will probably miss the Smith v Wade game but they won't start the Taylor v Webster game until they are back on the air.

On the plus side you will get to watch Ireland play Andorra for an 1hr 15mins ;)

Every feckin year this happens....at least this year they are not cutting off the darts for the bloody horse of the year show like they done before :mad:

saying that, norn iron & wales matches are pretty much meaningless anyway, probably only reason they are on is because sly sports have to fulfil their quota of games

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

C'mon Dolan finish it quickly before the soccer starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Great win for Dolan over Big Hendo but the talking point again is the crowd! It's easy to know it's a friday night with the place near full capacity where as the last few nights it was about quarter full!

Disgraceful booing when Henderson was attempting to hit doubles. These morons are not darts supporters but eejits at the event to be seen on telly,get drunk and make a general nuisance of themselves,it was embarrassing to watch!

On to the game the best man won,Dolan took his opportunities when they came his way and fully deserved his victory. He faces James Wade in the semi final tomorrow night who defeated Andy Smith 4-2 tonight. Phil Taylor had a 101 average in a 4-0 win over Mark Webster,unreal darts again from the Power! Currently playing is Richie Burnett v Mark Hylton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Richie Burnett wins 4-1 and plays Phil Taylor in tomorrow night's semi final. Great to see Burnett back to his best.

Advertisement