Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix 2011 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely delighted for Burnett:)... Taylor probably is a tall order tomorrow night but to see this man back at his best is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how far will this shot dolan up the rankings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

sc86 wrote: »
    how far will this shot dolan up the rankings?
    Brendan Dolan has jumped up to 31st in the main PDC order of merit rankings and this has put him in prime position to qualify for the World Championship in December. He will climb even further if he beats Wade tonight.

Dolan's great week has meant Barrie Bates has dropped to 33rd and Denis Priestley has dropped to 34th in the main rankings and at this stage look likely to miss out on the World Championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

a win tonight should also get Dolan into the GSOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

9 darter for Dolan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nine darter nine darter from brendan Dolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

well done Brendan Dolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

What a win for Dolan! Actually speechless! What a game, actually thought he'd bottled it in the first set. Delighted for him. Roll on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

If Bendan Dolan isn't nominated for irish sportsperson of the year it's a farce. take a bow sir. you are an absolute legend. And by the way, whats this rugby everyone is talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Brilliant from Dolan
    Can't see Burnett beating phil with the start he has had
    Not impossible for Dolan to beat phil in the final, might have a bet on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Brilliant stuff from Dolan,delighted.
    bit disappointed with the crowd again though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

If Bendan Dolan isn't nominated for irish sportsperson of the year it's a farce. take a bow sir. you are an absolute legend. And by the way, whats this rugby everyone is talking about.

Is he included in Irish sports stars seen as he is Northern Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

paulcorr wrote: »
    Is he included in Irish sports stars seen as he is Northern Irish?

I suppose he can,Graeme Mcdowell won it last year and Darren Clarke won it before aswell.
    Unfortunatley for Brendan he'll be up against Mcilroy and Clarke this year and the usual mix of jockeys,soccer players,footballers,boxers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Brilliant Dolan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Never a truer word spoken Showstopper, agree 100%. You'll find prima donna soccer players nominated I guarantee you that, its an absolute joke! Darts must be the most underrated game out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Brilliant display tonight by Brendan Dolan and the 9 darter was history in the making,the 1st one ever on TV in a double start tournament. What a great boost this is to Irish darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's nice to see history being made. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to the Final tonight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Des wrote: »

ive watched it all week. Was in at it on friday night and now i have to work tonight so gonna miss it!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Des wrote: »

Nice one Des, enjoy it. I reckon the atmosphere will be absolutely incredible in there tonight.

What a performance from Dolan last night, I nearly hit the roof jumping up when he hit the 9 darter. What a story that is, an Irishman in Dublin is the first person to ever hit a 9 darter with double in. Then he managed to keep his composure and go on and win the match. Dolan has officially made himself an Irish sporting legend.

Unfortunately I think Taylor will be a step too far but you never know, Dolan has been underdog all week and I wouldn't put it past him to lift the trophy. Can't wait for it to start!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Stream for later anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

what an atmosphere..love to be there now

great start breaking Taylor's throw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dolan has to start with his first three darts, he struggled a little bit in that set.

I think he has to win this set with the throw and get the crowd really into the game.

id say Taylor's mad to do a 9 darter tonight it must be the only thing he hasn't done in darts yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

id say Taylor's mad to do a 9 darter tonight it must be the only thing he hasn't done in darts yet

:confused: He's achieved more televised 9 darters than any other player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah but he's never done a double start 9 darter, only Brendan Dolan has done a double start 9 darter in a double in competition professionally

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

ceadaoin. wrote: »

:confused: He's achieved more televised 9 darters than any other player

true but only an irishman has done it starting on a double

• Advertisement

Taylor is very nervous and Dolan will never have a better chance to beat him. 3-2 in sets now with Dolan throwing first in this one

Advertisement