Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Started Running

• 25-09-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I have just started running again after a very long break and done my first 10K last Sunday. However i think it was all a bit much a bit too soon!! I ended up jogging/walking. I done it in 1hr 5 mins but half way around all my muscle fuel had been used up! I was very close to "meeting the wall" by the time i was finished. It felt like my stomach deflated and i started getting cold! Also during the race i got pains in my ankles but kept running through the pain and also had slight pain in the arch of my feet. I ended up with achilles tendonitis after all my efforts!!

I got a gait analysis done a few months ago and the result was i overpronate!

But i still caught the running bug and as soon as i crossed the finish line i wanted to do another one.

I would love to increase my fitness level and to be able to run a full 10K. Any advice would be great.

Advertisement