Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween decorations

Options
  • 25-09-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any Halloween stuff on sale yet?

I see Euro2 have their stuff out already. They have a good selection, as they do every year and I got a few new things there yesterday. Among other things I got two strings of Christmas tree-style lights and I'm thinking of making a mini "Halloween Tree" this year. I also got a lovely window wreath.

I'll put up a few photos as I start to put the decorations up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi
    love Halloween as well so love when all the decorations start coming into the shops:D and have gradually been building up my collection for the last 5 years. yes the pound shops are a great place to start and try a few different ones cause sometimes the different shops have different stock. I also love tk maxx for halloween decorations although abit more expensive I always try to 'invest' in one or two good halloween decorations from tkmaxx each year. Also if you seach halloween craft you can get some lovely ideas from the american and canadian websites that you could make your self. I have also set my eye on this lady this year http://www.joke.co.uk/halloween-party-decorations~1255/5-hanging-witch-holding-crystal-ball~67355.html think it may have to be an investment piece for this year:D please post fotos would love to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I'm the same, Trishka. I have a collection that goes back about 10 years now, at this stage. I buy a few nice new pieces every year.

The witch you're thinking of going for looks the business!

These are two photos from last year:

Halloween_Table.jpg

Halloween_Cocktails.jpg

If they were available in Ireland I would buy items from a company called Lemax. Google them. They make awesome Christmas stuff (I'll be posting pics in the Christmas forum when the time comes) and also do a line in Halloween table decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Great idea to post pics. A bit like the Christmas tree thread in the Christmas forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Little Alex, Savage pumpkin!!!! I might try that!!
    Considering I'm obsessed with Halloween its strange that I have only ever carved a pumpkin once, here's my attempt!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

yeah pay day is finally here let the shopping begin :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

homestore and more has lots of stuff on special. Woodies usually worth a root.

went to hanleys in cork at the weekend, fab some tacky stuff but managed to pick a few nice things...Woodies was a bit of a dissapointment especially since they have the christmas stock out too

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Got some lovely crows, skulls and creepy cloth in the pound shop in the quays sc newry at weekend, will take photos and post later but also found the below two links with some fab halloween photos to get the imaginations flowing:D

http://www.digsdigs.com/50-great-halloween-mantel-decorating-ideas/

http://www.digsdigs.com/90-cool-outdoor-halloween-decorating-ideas/

Thanks for the pictures. I like the idea of having the bats on the wall. How I ponder would you stick them to it then. If anyone knows of any place in cork too selling crows i am on the look out for them

Called into Homestore and More today and they have great deals. Evertyhing is half price got some fun mini headstones for 1.50 and some material that they are charging 5euro in hanleys and tis only 1.50 again in homestore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was in Dunnes today, they have a good bit of halloween costumes (kids and adults) and decorations, they even have purple LED lights :D I was very tempted. They have various trick or treat bags, hats, shoes, wigs, laterns, figurines, talking skull lights, talking witches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I love Halloween but I've never really decorated the house. I think I'll have to pick up a few bits this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

homestore and more has lots of stuff on special.

Thank you thank you thank you. Blew this years budget in one shop!

Great stuff, very reasonably priced. I finally got me a life size skeleton:D Took great pleasure driving home with it in the passenger seat too:)

15-20 for near lifesize figures (30 for the skeleton) and 7.50 for a lifesize skeleton climbing out of the ground. Some very nice light up pictures (for want of a better way of describing them) for 4 quid. Also some great sort of holey netty grubby material type drapes for 1.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Mad about halloween ...i have 2 airblowns ..looking for more but dont no where to get them

Advertisement