Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new front door needed!

• 25-09-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

My front door is fecked. The locking mechanism is rusted and warped just beyond repair. I think it's a three point lockin system.

Anyway it's a pine door not great quality,so I'm thinking of changing to PVC. Anyone know cost of installation ect. just a rough idea of what to expect.
    It will just be the door no panelling at the sides or anything?

Also, could this be claimed on my house insurance?

And if any one could PM me some good reputable company's in the south east I would appriciate it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can get a high strength thermaly effiecent composite wood effect door for about 1000 euro these days.

I had Profile Developments make a Georgian 6 panel composite door for me to suit my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I am a joiner and also sell pvc doors at very competative prices and if you were interested in a hardwood door we could do something aswell pm me if your interested in talking more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can also pick up brand new Upvc exterior doors on Done Deal (building materials section) for around 300-330 euros,if thats suits your budget more.

Heres 1 example of an ad for new doors and windows on Done Deal.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/doors/1955459

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

thanks all for your replies. I have for the time being had the door fixed had the hinges adjusted the lock is engaging now! I will keep your suggestions to hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Insurance Works

In relation to your question, can I claim on house insurance for such damage.
    For damage such as this that happens gradually over time, i.e. due to wear and tear.
    The insurance policy will specifically exclude damage of this nature to any part of your home.
    The only way damage to a door would be covered would be if something happened suddenly or unforeseenly for example, damage caused by a fire, malicious damage, or it the door was struck by a falling object.

Hope this helps !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement