Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I set up a Ltd Company Online?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Just wondering what the process is for setting up a ltd company if anyone could help? I am currently on the cro website and can only seem to register a business name but I want to make it Ltd, can this be done? Do I have to register the business name first?

Thanks in advance,
    Shanley.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 La Flama Blanca

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Thanks for that, will I be issued with a company with this company? Also will I be able to do my tax returns online?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Also, dont have a cheque book, would a paypal be possible / a bank transfer?

And finally, is there a minimum share capital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 La Flama Blanca

Shanley wrote: »
    Thanks for that, will I be issued with a company with this company?
    I don't understand what you're asking here. These guys will register everything for you, for a fee of €199.
    Also will I be able to do my tax returns online?
    Yes, using ROS: http://www.ros.ie/PublisherServlet/info/setupnewcust
    Also, dont have a cheque book, would a paypal be possible / a bank transfer?
    For what? Paying for company reg fees? Get a postal order.
    And finally, is there a minimum share capital?
    1 share is fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

alot of companies charge between €75 - €100 to set up a company

Is it possible for a individual to set up the company itself through the CRO and just pay the CRO fee?

Also if you set up a company does that allow you to purchase ex vat?

I am looking to become a training provider. All i need is a laptop (dont have one at present) and be available to travel. Does that qualify as a ex vat purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

No you need a "cro disc" or whatever to do it yourself, ie set yourself up as a company formations agent. Save yourself the hassle and pay the extra 50 quid.

To avail of "ex vat" you need to register for VAT which is a seperate step from forming company, you can do this on ROS. Note that sole traders can also register for VAT, no company needed.

Advertisement