Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Oughterard

Options
  • 25-09-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Just heard this evening, someone murdered (apparently) in the village :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

awfull news so sad he was a sound man he will be missed r.i.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Dreadful news, heard last night. Spent all the summers of my childhood just outside oughterard, know it well. Anyone know which pub he owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eaglej13

alexlyons wrote: »
    Dreadful news, heard last night. Spent all the summers of my childhood just outside oughterard, know it well. Anyone know which pub he owned?

was called kenny's bar, was a nice lad, kept himself to himself, god rest john.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Absolutely shocking. RIP John. May you rest in Peace

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Knew him years ago. RIP.
    Is Dermot Joyce's place still up and running, i knew a fella there years and years ago, from Mayo, think he was Glynn, but forget his 1st name. Anyone know where he went or anything, we were great mates and had some wild times. I'd love to get in contact and see how much we've gone through over the years, great times

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0927/kennyj.html
    Gardaí in Galway have said they are now treating the death of the Oughterard publican and school teacher John Kenny as murder.
    Gardaí in Galway say they are now treating the death of the Oughterard publican and school teacher John Kenny as murder.
    A post mortem examination, carried out by State Pathologist Dr Marie Cassidy, established that he died from injuries sustained in an assault.

Supt Noel Kelly, who is heading up the investigation into John Kenny's death, said the murder enquiry will be intensified this morning.
    At the conclusion of last night's post mortem examination, he was unwilling to give any further details of the circumstances in which Mr Kenny was killed.

RIP Mr Kenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

RIP Mr Kenny. He was a good man. He coached our school soccer team back in the 90's and taught me German.

He was a great teacher and good craic. He taught my nephew as well. I know he will be missed in the school in Athenry.

RIP and sympathies to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

He was a pretty well known guy in the community, I was in the pub on the Saturday night so I'm just after giving a statement to the police. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

He taught some of my sisters and brother, and up to last friday one of my nephews . They are all in complete shock. R.I.P.

• Advertisement

WOULD THAT BE JIM GLYNN

no, it was not jim, but i've been told it was val, no other info though:confused:

man arrested in galway, in his 30,s hope they got the right guy.

headmaster wrote: »
    Knew him years ago. RIP.

not really the place for my message, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Rest in peace john kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Men arrested in Galway this morning.
    Three men were arrested in Galway this morning as part of the investigation into the murder of Oughterard school teacher and publican John Kenny.
    One man is 17 and the other two are in their twenties and thirties. They were arrested in the Galway area following planned searches by gardaí.

They are being held at Galway Garda station on Mill Street under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act ( 2) and Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act (1).
    A fourth man was remanded in custody on Sunday charged with withholding information in relation to the case.

Florin Fitzpatrick (37), a Romanian man with a former rental address at The Green, College Road, Galway, appeared before a special sitting of Galway District Court on Sunday.
    He is charged with withholding information from the Garda between September 25th and October 1st, which he knew or believed might be of assistance in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of any other person, in relation to the unlawful death of Mr Kenny (56) at his pub at Main Street, Oughterard.

As we don't want to influence a pending trial I will close this thread now.
    RIP.

Just an update but thread remains closed at this time
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0203/kennyj.html
    Two people appeared before Galway District Court this morning in connection with the manslaughter of publican and teacher John Kenny in Oughterard, Co Galway, last year.
    36-year old Marian Lingurar, who is from Romania, was arrested in Cork last night along with a 17-year-old youth who cannot be identified.
    The men were also charged with the withholding of information in relation to the killing of Mr Kenny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement