Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macadamia nuts - where can I buy them?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I neeD them to make white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, but can't find them anywhere in Galway. Does anyone know where I buy them? I'd be really grateful for your help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I usually get them in Dunnes or Tesco. You should find them with the wholefoods, or healthfoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^Thanks! :) Tried the health-food shops around town but no joy, and I had a good look for them at my local Dunnes and asked the staff, but somehow I completely forgot about checking the healthfood section in Tesco :rolleyes:, will investigate tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

^Thanks! :) Tried the health-food shops around town but no joy, and I had a good look for them at my local Dunnes and asked the staff, but somehow I completely forgot about checking the healthfood section in Tesco :rolleyes:, will investigate tomorrow.

Its wholefoods so not in the healthfood section in Tesco, usually part of the fruit and veg section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭nc6000

The selection of nuts in the Tesco Wholefoods section has greatly reduced lately. They used to have a large variety, now there are only about 5 types. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

nc6000 wrote: »
    The selection of nuts in the Tesco Wholefoods section has greatly reduced lately. They used to have a large variety, now there are only about 5 types. :(

Thats the story of Tesco, they start with a launch of a large range then drop the lines that don't make them enough money then relaunch again when people complain about the limited range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think in my local tesco they have nuts in up to 5 locations, its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭nc6000

I used to buy Marcona Almonds in Tesco, they were delicious fried in some butter then dusted with cayenne and salt but they don't sell them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I always see them in Health food shop ( well Holland & Barrett anyway), expensive little bastards though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Aldi /lidl(can't remember which) have them.

Advertisement