Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Residents' Bar in Cork City Hotel?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm planning a milestone birthday party which is booked in a pub in Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork in 2 months. A lot of the guest will be travelling from around the country and will be booking into a hotel in the city.

I'm wondering if anyone knows which city hotel would have the best residents' bar as we will be going back to the hotel at about 2.30 am and would like to continue the catch up but I know that some hotels wouldn't be keen unless we were there all night and others finish up their residents' bar really early.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Prob best to ring and ask. Off the top of my head bar bua would be the only one with a reputation but thats a hostel. Id imagine most bigger hotels residents bars would be open very late on a weekend night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Had a work party in the clarion not long ago. None of us were staying but they let us into the residents bar and we fell out about half 5ish, and the place was still going strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭b743k

Thanks, I forgot about the Clarion for some reason. That sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll give them a ring and see what kind of group room rates they have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I've got into the River Lee Hotel (formerly Jurys Hotel, Western Road) for afters a few times.

Harder to get out than get in :D

Advertisement