Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Maurs Blitz.

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Congratulations to the members of St. Maurs who organised the football blitz on Saturday afternoon. It was brilliant fun and all the kids had a fantastic time. All the kids received minerals and crisps and a super engraved medal.

I think someone has a direct line to God because the weather was scorching.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Here Here !

Was very well run in fairness St Maurs deserve great credit.

I use to always love playing the 7 a side tournaments when I was younger up at the pitch, brought back great memories. Well done to all the helpers and committe members.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Spidermany wrote: »
    Congratulations to the members of St. Maurs who organised the football blitz on Saturday afternoon. It was brilliant fun and all the kids had a fantastic time. All the kids received minerals and crisps and a super engraved medal.

I think someone has a direct line to God because the weather was scorching.

Thank you.

Great day and great feedback coming to club. 225 kids took part. One thing that struck me was the amount of people who got involved and helped out which made things run that bit smoother. We hope to run 2 more.
    Here Here !

Was very well run in fairness St Maurs deserve great credit.

I use to always love playing the 7 a side tournaments when I was younger up at the pitch, brought back great memories. Well done to all the helpers and committe members.

The 7 a-sides were brilliant and I think everyone enjoyed playing in them.

I would be slightly biased here but St. Maurs put kids first and we are starting to see the fruits of that now. There are a tremendous group of kids playing especially at the teenage years. They help with coaching and anything else they are asked to.

I would encourage every parent to try and give 1 hour a week to any local club they can, we will all be winners by just taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

LeoB wrote: »
    Great day and great feedback coming to club. 225 kids took part. One thing that struck me was the amount of people who got involved and helped out which made things run that bit smoother. We hope to run 2 more.

Leo, will they be the same age group and hurling or football?

I would totally second that parents should get involved. I find no matter when event I attend it's always the same parents stepping up to say "can I help" and it's always the same parents dropping their kids at the door, not even checking to see are the coaches/managers/mentors there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Leo, will they be the same age group and hurling or football?.
    Not exactly sure but I think they should have 2 more for that age group. It takes kids a while to find their feet and the more events like last Saturday the better for them. There is also a plan to run a coaching course for kids of that age group in the club, A coaching Academy of sorts but thats not finalised yet. I will put up details when they are ready. MANPOWER!! and an available day>>>>>

I would totally second that parents should get involved. I find no matter when event I attend it's always the same parents stepping up to say "can I help" and it's always the same parents dropping their kids at the door, not even checking to see are the coaches/managers/mentors there.
    This is a sore point with a lot of people but I see it starting to change. Its the same in nearly all clubs from what I see. I recently seen 2 mentors looking after 22 kids when visiting Rush. But some parents really can push to the limit and just dump kids and head off to do a bit a shopping or for a coffee. . We have a policy of signing in players and this has worked really well and gets people into the habit of just saying hello to the coach's. A few parents have got involved by doing this and really enjoy it. The juvenile committee are well organised and when parents see this up close they are more inclined to help out. All the coachs are qualifed to coach at the level they operate and are Garda vetted. St. Maurs were one of the first clubs to adopt the Irish sports councils code of ethics when dealing with children and young adults.

The other side of the coin is some parents are afraid of getting roped into a job and some might not have the temprement for dealing with kids. But I dont think its to much to ask to wait around for a session and help move cones or markers, help with bibs and just give a little support to mentors. There is a level 1 coaching course on at the moment and a foundation one will take place probably in December or January. Its not that serious from Academy to U/11 as it is geared at getting children to participate.
    Club Policy is ALL CHILDREN MUST PLAY IN EVERY MATCH

If you are planning on getting involved talk to Colm or PM me.

Advertisement