Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaun Doherty Show on Highland Radio

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering why its called this?

Should it not be The Greg Hughes Show? After all, he hosts it more than Shaun does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

how come they both have the same accent yet ive never heard it anywhere else? its like half liverpudlian..half Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is Shaun not from Stoke or somewhere in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is Shaun not from Stoke or somewhere in England?
    He is from the Stoke area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

NIMAN wrote: »
    Wondering why its called this?

Should it not be The Greg Hughes Show? After all, he hosts it more than Shaun does.

Its because the management at Highland know that people can only take so much of the insufferable condescending know-it-all, self opinionated twaddle that shaun doherty doles out on a regular basis and so have to take him off the air every so often so as not to lose too many listeners.

The aul ones love him because you can ring up and pretty much say anything you like about anything and he allows it without asking for proof or to back up wild statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kenny d

CJC999 wrote: »
    Its because the management at Highland know that people can only take so much of the insufferable condescending know-it-all, self opinionated twaddle that shaun doherty doles out on a regular basis and so have to take him off the air every so often so as not to lose too many listeners.

The aul ones love him because you can ring up and pretty much say anything you like about anything and he allows it without asking for proof or to back up wild statements.

A bit harsh on Sean that.I always thought he came across as an excellent presenter on a local radio show but maybe I am wrong ?

• Advertisement

I guess everyone has their own opinion but i couldnt listen to him, his style of interviewing is amateur, his opinion seems to over rule everyone elses and his is very very slow to step in when someone comes out with wild allegations, he doesnt ask for proof but generally responds/comments along the lines of 'Well that was XXXX's view on the matter and we'll just leave it at that'

I know he's popular but not with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CJC999 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with that. If anything I found him to be ultra cautious regarding anything said that could be potentially libelous or defamatory.

Worse than the feckin mods here and thats saying something :pac:

Maybe he's changed...i havent the had the stomach to listen to him for years as he sickened me with the way he allowed anyone and everyone have their unchallenged say, perhaps he got burnt and learned his lesson but i think i'll wait 30 or 40 years before i tune in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

SD Show discussed a letter I had written (name and address supplied) in response to a letter printed in the Donegal News (writer of that letter was asked for his opinion on my letter). Considered it poor form that he didn't contact me to ask me to contribute - only reason I knew it was being discussed was that a mate texted me to tell me. Not sure what the protocol is, but seems kind of one-sided.

Advertisement