Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunhill 30 metre phone mast

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The phone reception in Dunhill is sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

It's technically Dunhill, but it's more like Fenor / Butlerstown really... Anyway, happy days, the signal the whole way from Moonvoy (Tramore) out to there and beyond has always been sh1te! Is there a problem with it? There's masts in every town in the country like, so it's hardly a big deal..?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

it's hardly a big deal..?

You might think differently if one was planted in your back garden!!

Mugser wrote: »
    You might think differently if one was planted in your back garden!!

Don't think the google map position shows it in anyones back yard now ! does it?

Figure of speech!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Figure of speech!!?

What was the point to your "figure of speech"? It's not near anyones back garden.

A friend of mine who services these masts, maintains he would rather a mast in his back yard , than using a mobile with very low signal, as it has to work very hard to make contact with the network, so a lot more transmission from the phone! makes one think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Bout time they beefed up the signal around there, mobile coverage around the dunhil has been neglected for too long, thanks for getting us know OP.

Its an outrage if this goes through, it's only at the planning permission stage at the moment i believe and I hope it goes no further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

More masts = safer!
    As someone's pointed out, the further away the nearest mast is, the harder your phone has to transmit in order to be heard by the transceiver equipment on the mast.

Do you have a WiFi router in your house by any chance?
    Do you use a laptop with wireless on it?

• Advertisement

Its an outrage if this goes through, it's only at the planning permission stage at the moment i believe and I hope it goes no further.

An outrage is killing six kids with a chainsaw in front of their parents and grandfolks!
    This is a planning permission, go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i havn't been to dunhill in years because of the sh1t coverage down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

deisedevil wrote: »
    What was the point to your "figure of speech"? It's not near anyones back garden.

APPARENTLY IT'S 500 MTRS FROM MINE.
    Do not know about possible heath risks etc but it will certainly be an eyesore given the elevated position .

bakerbhoy wrote: »

Do not know about possible heath risks etc but it will certainly be an eyesore given the elevated position .

Finally someone who gets the point of my original post!!

Well yes people will be able to see it from helvick head 30 miles away

So what ?

Masts like that provide a better quality of life for country people providing cell phone and internet coverage.

:eek::confused:
    well..... thats kinda the whole point of it really...... isn't it, they are supposed to work on line of sight.
    like c'mon ffs, what good is a mast down in a hole?
    bloody thing would have to be 300mtrs high to be any good...... now that would be an eyesore.

nothing wrong with a small 30mtr mast thrown ontop of some barren hillside in the ars*hole of nowhere providing a better quality of living to the masses.

i think you will benifit the most from this mast;)

I have two less than one hundred metres from my house,nay bothers me,get over it , its part of the infrastructure of modern life.
    Or keep going with your rabble rousing and split the whole community like has been done in many communities around the country with a few Cardigans!and then see how happy every body will be.

sponge_bob wrote: »
    :eek::confused:
    well..... thats kinda the whole point of it really...... isn't it, they are supposed to work on line of sight.
    like c'mon ffs, what good is a mast down in a hole?
    bloody thing would have to be 300mtrs high to be any good...... now that would be an eyesore.

nothing wrong with a small 30mtr mast thrown ontop of some barren hillside in the ars*hole of nowhere providing a better quality of living to the masses.

i think you will benifit the most from this mast;)

DON'T WANT IT ,DON'T NEED IT.NOT IN THAT FORM ANYWAY.

PEOPLE GOING ON ABOUT INFRASTRUCTURE ETC IS BOLLOX.
    FIXED LINE BROADBAND WILL ONLY DELIVER THE PROPER SERVICE.
    THIS IS NOTHING ABOUT LOCAL SERVICE ITS ABOUT PROFIT AND HOW MUCH.
    AND TO HELL WITH JOE PUBLIC.

Stop shouting

• Advertisement

But others do want it and need it, otherwise there would be no mast. Stop thinking about yourself and try thinking about the benifits this mast will have for the whole community.

Big Lar wrote: »
    But others do want it and need it, otherwise there would be no mast. Stop thinking about yourself and try thinking about the benifits this mast will have for the whole community.

And don't give a damn who they step on.

have you got good quality fixed line broadband where you are?
    i doubt it you are living on an isolated peak around dunhill, would imagine the phoneline is only just ok there being so far away from the exchange.

think of the benifits of broadband, you would be able to do your shopping with tesco online and have them deliver it to your door for a mere 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

The original poster was a bit vague with the information given in this thread. I'll try to clarify the matter. Vodafone (Irl) Ltd have lodged a Planning Application with Waterford County Council (application no. 11/376)
    "to erect a 30m multi-operator lattice tower carrying telecommunications equipment together with associated exchange containers, ancillary equipment and palisade fencing with access over existing track at Clashabeema, Reisk Td, Co. Waterford. The development forms part of Vodafone (Irl) Ltd's and O2 Communications Ltd's GSM and 3G Broadband Telecommunications Network."
    There are a great many historical monuments located in the neighbouring townlands of Gaulstown, Pembrokestown, Ballymoat, Reisk, etc. Although there is no town located near the site of the proposed mast, there are quite a few individual residences.

The County Council is due to issue its decision on the application by 1st November. At least five written objections have already been received. Anyone can submit an objection, together with payment of a €20 fee, but ultimately it is up to Waterford County Council to decide on the matter. If you're not happy with their decision you can appeal to An Bórd Pleanala.

can't understand for the life of me what the historical monuments have to do with the phone mast:confused:. are you suggesting that they will interfere with the signal, i honestly never heard of it before but i guess if they are then maybe it might be possible to remove them if they are not that important, or maybe they could build the mast bigger so that they wouldn't interfere with the signal. either way iam sure vodafone has solved problems like this before;)

I hope they get the planning permission and bring this country out of the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

September302011.jpg

Looks like you have on close by already :eek:

KK4SAM wrote: »
    September302011.jpg

Looks like you have on close by already :eek:

Yeah that thumbnail really shows it, Bigger map please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

No more of an eyesore than the windmills that are popping up around the dunhill area! I live out that way myself and hope to god this goes up. I personally have no problem if it was in my own back garden!

• Advertisement

its all about access these days, keeping in touch, being on top of things and keeping up to date.

Advertisement