Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunhill 30 metre phone mast

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

foghlu wrote: »
    No more of an eyesore than the windmills that are popping up around the dunhill area!
    The last time I visited Dunhill and Annestown, every windmill that I saw seemed to be broken. Ghastly, unsightly things. Has there been a recent storm out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

foghlu wrote: »
    No more of an eyesore than the windmills that are popping up around the dunhill area! I live out that way myself and hope to god this goes up. I personally have no problem if it was in my own back garden!

Fair enough then, lets allow the phone masts and the windmills. I won't complain about one if you don't complain about the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

Any update on the phone mast, did it get the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

jmdsk wrote: »
    Any update on the phone mast, did it get the go ahead.

Would be on the WCC website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

Permission was refused on 26th October, 2011, for the following reason:
    The site is designated as Visually Sensitive in the Scenic Landscape Evaluation Map as set out in the Waterford County Development Plan 2011-2017. Due to the scale and massing of the proposed development and the elevated and exposed nature of this designated Visually Sensitive hill top site it is considered that the proposed development would seriously detract from the visual amenity of the area, and would be injurious to both the rural and archaeological character of the area.
    Vodafone (Irl) Ltd could still appeal this decision to An Bórd Pleanala.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

such a pity:(
    the good people of dunhill will have to suffer on with the ol' snail mail for contact with the outside world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Guramoogah wrote: »
    Permission was refused on 26th October, 2011, for the following reason:

My heart just goes out to the people of Dunhill after that, I was down there today in the Enterprise Park and I was nothing short of "Cut off from society" for the five hours I was below there, the mobile phone coverage there is nothing short of a disgrace in this day and age.

Once again the voice of the minority(tree huggers) have succeeded to rob honest to god, hard working people of advancement.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

jeezz thats a shame, i really feel for the people of dunhill.
    i wonder could something be done about getting vodafone to try and lodge another application for the mast?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Too all the people who complained about this mast when planning permission was being sought back over 10 years ago lol , How many of ye are actually now benefiting from this mast to make your phone calls and use the internet, 2 faced the lot , everyone owns a phone in the area so ye are definitely using the network!

Advertisement