Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnosis in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Folks,
    I suffer from extremely severe insomnia, sometimes getting no sleep at all. I was just wondering if anyone else with insomnia has had any luck with hypnosis, or could recomend a hypnotherapist in the Dublin area? Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Hey, did you go for the hypnosis? If so who with and did it help?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 attiel

Apologies for the late reply,

I didn't go for hypnosis in the end. I went to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at the Mater Hospital, and it is very very slowly working. Hope thats of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I went for hypnosis and went to bed feeling very positive about sleeping all night. Fell asleep using the techniques I was given but woke several times. I'm not giving up on it just yet. Going to contiinue with the techniques and CD I was given and plod along in the hope it will just click in. After explaining my history to the hypnotist he said I have my sleep issues very engrained in my mind.

Attiel would you mind explaining what CBT actually is. Pm me if you prefer as I would like to get some more information on the actual process etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 attiel

Hi loverslane,
    Apologies for my (very) late reply. But rought CBT, involves getting you to have a more positive view of your insomnia, and being careful to only associate the bed with sleep. These are the main rules involved:

Only using your bedroom for the obvious, sleeping, and getting changed.
    Writing down your sleep-related fears, and pointing out how these fears are misplaced.
    Avoiding stimulants after 6.
    Using relaxation techniques, such as breathing slowly, and imagining peaceful scenes when in bed.

Let me know if I can be of more help,

Attiel.

Advertisement