Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULFM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PROGRAM_IX

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can we change the name of the thread to "Official Bitch About the SU and Irrelevant Politics Chat"?

Can someone PM me when the thread actually gets back to talking about the radio station and not whether Derek Daly is a good president or whether Skynet is good or not.

I'm out.

The Skynet part is relevant because people were asking why the radio station wasn't hosted there, and weren't happy with the official answer. I agree about the other part though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Skynet rightly pissed off with Dalys comments. He should apologise

ULFM seems to be improving though after some early teething problems. If only an focal could follow suit. I see they are running with the Clubs and Soc's story, a full two weeks after TST, who seem to benefiting from an online platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

what the **** was that. is someone's 10 year old at the sound desk in the dj box. seriously, <snip> need to do a course on pushing buttons they can't get anything righ.

"technical difficulties"

did someone's phone ring there

omg you can hear the jingles from their im, very amateur, really taking this to extremes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Hey, calm down and chill out. There are ways to approach stuff like this and that's certainly not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I'm waiting for the moment Sid realises he could just not listen in.

• Advertisement

shut up you

got a problem with my post report it. just giving an honest appraisal of their show. you don't want to read it don't click the thread or click ignore.

Censored ULFM cronies can't censor me.

Did they break the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

y-u-mad.jpg

gg eagle eye cherry. what happened to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

got a problem with my post report it.

Done.

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

what the **** was that. is someone's 10 year old at the sound desk in the dj box. seriously, grainne and sean need to do a course on pushing buttons they can't get anything righ.

"technical difficulties"

what's with the two yanks

did someone's phone ring there

omg you can hear the jingles from their im, very amateur, really taking this to extremes

Breathe!!!! No need to get so angry over it. I've no problem with the content of the post, more the way it's phrased and tone of it. There's a way to criticise and be nice about it you know.....

Suggestion
    Could we get a "On Air" thing on the website? Something like TodayFM have on their site? Just so that you wouldn't have to check the schedule when you tune in to see who's on.

I understand if this is being put on hold until the full schedule is ready. :)

Oh, also on the front page it says "Streaming hours 11-11 Tuesdays and Thursdays", the pedant in me would like to see an AM and PM there. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

Would ye fuckin cop on lads, ye're ramming abuse down Sidneys throat left right and centre, the lad is only giving an honest assessment of the radio. this is a discussion forum after all, not nazi germany where those who don't agree with the herd are silenced via Zyclon B.

On a side not though, Sid I think you need your posting style re-appraised, you've made some horrible nasty comments on this thread and i've PM-ed Petee and Spectre asking for access to this forum denied, and ideally a full site ban.

A two week break from the forums would do you the world of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion. However he's personally attacking people and being quite vapid about it.

personally attacking who? They're not boards.ie users in anyway. this isn't a boards.ie thing, people need to be less sensitive. there are two radio djs, broadcasting online across the globe, i am just airing some grievances i have with their show. no need for anyone to get hot under the collar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Sid, calm down.

Naming names is not a thing to do here on boards. I've removed names from your post.

If you have a problem with the service you can write a post that explains it in a level headed manner.

Would ye fuckin cop on lads, ye're ramming abuse down Sidneys throat left right and centre, the lad is only giving an honest assessment of the radio. this is a discussion forum after all, not nazi germany where those who don't agree with the herd are silenced via Zyclon B.

Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies holds true yet again..... :pac:

Really excited for the new schedule I must say, a lot more shows to digest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ULFM seems to be going well now I must say, have listened in a few times.

Is an focal being ignored as a result though? I couldn't help but notice that the sports section was essentially 5 pages of premier league coverage with nothing on sports happening in the college?

The sports editorial was also aimed at giving out about pundits who criticised Ireland's chances and players in the RWC, which would have been fine but for the fact that the same writer had declared that Australia's progression through the group stages as "nothing more than a warm-up" in the previous issue (which was bafflingly printed 4 days after Ireland had beaten Australia). The same RWC preview piece also mentioned that "Togo" would be playing New Zealand in the opening game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

Don't get me started on the Sports Editorial. There must have been a few candidates who went forward for the position but the person they have over that section doesn't seem to have much of a clue about sport at all.

The "Togo" mistake may well be a typo but the whole "Australia's pool games will be nought but warm-ups" demonstrated a genuine lack of knowledge. The fact he ignored his own previous comments, while ridiculing those who doubted the Irish teams ability was laughable. He should have simply admitted that he was wrong, rather than ignore it and make out he was some sort of oracle.

Sorry, the last comment was a bit off topic but ULFM seems to be getting stronger each time I listen in. Kelly O'Brien has achieved quite a lot in her short time in office. The Radio Station was in the pipeline for the last five years and even the journalism lecturers seemed unwilling to put the effort in to get it together.

And Fishhooks stop trolling on the CSO, she is doing a really difficult job trying to keep An Focal and ULFM on the go.

I like her personal editorials, you really get a sense of how much it means to her and of how hard she is working. The same goes for her blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

And Fishhooks stop trolling on the CSO, she is doing a really difficult worktrying to keep An Focal and ULFM on the go.

I like her personal editorials, you really get a sense of how much it means to her and of how hard she is working. The same goes for her blog.

Small typo here: she's VP Communications, not CSO. I agree with what you said though, she put a lot of work into both media and should be commended for her work.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

The Radio Station was in the pipeline for the last five years

O rly?

Caught the end of the live band they'd in studio today. Very impressed. :)

Polar Ice wrote: »
    O rly?

It was a pipe dream rather than in the pipeline. i think they were hoping to get a licence for a broadcast frequency, I don't think you need it for a internet stream. Could be wrong...

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Small typo here: she's VP Communications, not CSO. I agree with what you said though, she put a lot of work into both media and should be commended for her work.

CSO. WTF? Central Statistics Office.......massive typo:D

It was a pipe dream rather than in the pipeline. i think they were hoping to get a licence for a broadcast frequency, I don't think you need it for a internet stream. Could be wrong...

You've the bolded bit right on the nail anyway. You need a licence to broadcast on FM frequency. Plus, you're bound by all the laws set out by the BAI - no swearing before 9pm et al. With internet broadcasting, all you need is a blanket licence from IMRO (which UL FM have).

CSO. WTF? Central Statistics Office.......massive typo:D

Whoops. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Whoops. :o

CSO is also campaigns and services officer though ;)

Knew I heard CSO somewhere. Does anyone know if they plan on introducing news bulletins. They are very easy to do and would massively improve the content of the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Knew I heard CSO somewhere. Does anyone know if they plan on introducing news bulletins. They are very easy to do and would massively improve the content of the station.

There shall be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement