Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What? When? and Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

skating rink in phibsboro where des kelly's is now.

a few games come to mind:
    Yie ar kung fu
    Karate champ (with the 2 sticks)
    The hunchback and they had boot hill aswell.
    My uncle actually had 3 or 4 machines in his small arcade in athboy.
    Games I can remember from there are bomb jack and bump n jump
    These were both before Caesars palace hit phibsboro in the mid 80's.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wow, you're all incredibly old. I was reflecting on the MVS cabs of my youth, and feeling a fossil for it. Now, not so much.

I only strongly recall House of the Dead 2, beat it twice, in as many days. I grew up trying to play the fighter-cabs in the likes of Quirkey's et al, but I was only a nipper, and frankly, I'd just get physically removed from the machine so the players could play.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

I'm sure I played a few before this nearer to home, but the first one I actually remember was Cadillacs and Dinosaurs when I was...maybe 8 years old, in some dodgy kids club in France in 1993 or 1994. Good times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I genuinely couldnt pick out a single machine as the 1st I played.
    Loads of memories jumbled up covering everything from some machine with excitebike on it to the simpsons & turtles.
    I also remember some side scroller where you were cavemen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

pacman on one of those sit down table machines in the local pub is prob the first one i ever played.
    Other games at around the same time would of been Super Pang and Street Fighter on the ferries to England.
    Also an excellent xmen game as well in the UK. In a massive arcade. Got up to the machine and there was 2 credits already on and myself and my cousin played away for ages on them, good times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement