Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter over Grange Rath?

Options
  • 25-09-2011 10:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's a helicopter over Grange Rath at the moment, near the train tracks. Looks to have a search light or something on it, cause it flashed our windows. Anyone know what's happening? It's just hovering there for 10 minutes now :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

If you are concerned, call drogheda gardai. If there is an incident occurring then they will know about it. Or laytown - GR is in their area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Friend in morningtown said its out there now, someone on the run apparently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, it seemed to move down from GR to Morningtown and seems to have drifted back towards GR now (can't see it but can hear it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Yeah, it seemed to move down from GR to Morningtown and seems to have drifted back towards GR now (can't see it but can hear it).

I could see it there towards mornington. Was annoying me as I am trying to go to sleep and sounded like a lawn mower for a while! Has two white lights at the front,and a red flashing one whatever the story is. I can still hear it vaguely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

Helidraw.jpg

helicopter was Rescue 116
    helicopter was not over grange rath, it was over tomroes point at harbour ville pilot station, ambulance at premier periclase, river being searched.

helicopter spotted something, and moments later headed back to dublin airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    If you are concerned, call drogheda gardai. If there is an incident occurring then they will know about it. Or laytown - GR is in their area.

I'm sure both Drogheda and Laytown Gardai have better things to do with their time than spend it answering questions from curious members of the public as to why a helicopter - which realistically could only be either the Gardai's own or the CG Rescue one - is performing a search in their area.

For example, one of those better things might be - ooh, I dunno - actually participating in a search for a missing person or a criminal.

Looked alot closer than the river last night but the word going round is a car went into the river so fair enough :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What is the obsession on the Louth Borads every time a helicopter is in the area? Most times it's the rescue helicopter and bad news for somebody.

Sorry :( I'm not used to a helicopter flying so close to my house like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

What is the obsession on the Louth Borads every time a helicopter is in the area? Most times it's the rescue helicopter and bad news for somebody.

Just saw a helicopter going by a few minutes ago. It had a big spinning thing on top and a smaller one at the back. Anyone know what it was doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mbeire

looks lke a busy night for all the emergency services.. great work to them all involved..

26:09:2011 - 3 Incidents in Under 24 hours.

by Boyne Fishermans Rescue and Recovery on Monday, 26 September 2011 at 17:41.

The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service emergency pagers were activated last night at 21.20 hrs (Sunday 25th September). The pagers reported a person in the water at up at the Premier Powerglaze factory in Drogheda.

A mobile unit and a rescue boat quickly arrived on scene. The crew could not see the person supposed to be in the river. At this stage the Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service along with Drogheda Coastguard commenced a search of the river and the surrounding land in the vicinity. Drogheda Coastguard also called in the Coastguard Rescue Helicopter to help sweep the area but nothing was found.

Drogheda Gardai are investigating the source of the callout.

The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service units returned to their Marsh Road Base, cleaned and restaged their equipment to have it ready for the next call out.

In attendance at the scene were Drogheda Gardai, The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service and Drogheda Coastguard.

The emergency pagers were again activated at 03.35 hrs reporting a person in the river around the Bridge of Peace. Again a mobile unit carrying rescue swimmers quickly arrived on scene while the rescue boat was launched from their Base at Marsh Road.

On arrival on scene the crew of the mobile unit spotted a person on the north bank of the river, they made their way to the casualty and administered First Aid. Drogheda Ambulance Service arrived promptly and stabilised the person on the bank of the river. Due to the area, it was deemed safer to remove the casualty by boat, the person was then taken up river to the Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service, Marsh Road base.

Drogheda Ambulance Service then transfared the person to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda.

The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service stood down at 04.00 hrs.

In attendance at the scene were Drogheda Gardai, The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service and Drogheda Ambulance Service.

At 10.37 hrs this morning (Monday 26th September) The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service emergency pagers were again set off reporting a woman in the water at the Ramparts area of Drogheda.

A mobile unit arrived on scene while the rescue boat was launched from the Base at Marsh Road. On arrival Drogheda Ambulance Service and Drogheda Gardai were attending to the woman.

Again due to the area, it was deemed safer to remove the casualty by boat, the person was then transferred by boat along with a Paramedic from Drogheda Ambulance Service to the Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service, Marsh Road base, where an Ambulance was waiting.

In attendance at the scene were Drogheda Gardai, The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service and Drogheda Ambulance Service.

The Boyne Fishermen’s Rescue and Recovery Service stood down at 11.10 hrs.

Taken from the Boyne Fishermans Rescue and Recovery facebook page here...

I love how rumors spread like some posted above, car in the water, man on the run.. Some people love guessing and implying thats its fact.. (not at you's posters, just who told you's)

Advertisement