Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Kieran6 wrote: »

We're getin ours done during this phase. Why what's wrong with it?

Taking waaaaay longer than we were told it would, also some ridiculous snags they're still messing about at sorting out at the moment!! Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

Similiarily, getting ours done as part of this phase, they're saying 2 weeks? Have you run over by much, and what sort of snags are you hitting. PM if you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

MACH2013 wrote: »
    Is there a drawing of the proposed route to be taken by this new road? Any info would be greatly appreciated:)

Planning permission was just put in to extend duration on the existing permission, file 13/89, original file 07/1419.

Very hard to link to the KCC planning website specific files.

http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiryLIte/default.aspx

Great, thanks for that MYOB

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

Can anyone explain in simple terms what this thing about the road means for Castlepark? I see on the planning doc that its a different company and is talking about rail park. Why would this stop mason homes building the rest of Castlepark?

• Advertisement

Sasha144 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain in simple terms what this thing about the road means for Castlepark? I see on the planning doc that its a different company and is talking about rail park. Why would this stop mason homes building the rest of Castlepark?

I'm with you on this one, can't figure out them planning permission things. An explanation in simple terms would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

We're looking at the area, and rang estate agent about castlepark yesterday; didn't get much of a response...was told that they had no information about when the next phase was being released, what kind of houses would be in it, and when I tried to ask questions about the place or viewing they didn't want to know me! Was told to ring again "at the end of the month"... Anyone know anything about the next phase or if there is one!????

mrsq2b wrote: »
    We're looking at the area, and rang estate agent about castlepark yesterday; didn't get much of a response...was told that they had no information about when the next phase was being released, what kind of houses would be in it, and when I tried to ask questions about the place or viewing they didn't want to know me! Was told to ring again "at the end of the month"... Anyone know anything about the next phase or if there is one!????

I'm living in the current phase that's being completed at the moment, this phase is sold out and probably won't be finished until the Autumn so maybe they aren't releasing anymore until they are closer to completing this phase. From what I've been told by the builders there will be more phases, they intend to finish the estate but will probably be working on it for a good few years! Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sasha144 wrote: »

KCC obviously felt Castlepark would generate extra traffic. Not sure this road will help much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Also not sure what the impact to Castlepark is. However, looking at the Maynooth 2013-2020 plans, there is plans for more houses on the road in the site next to Castlepark - behind and beside the farm and at the other side of the Carton walk way on the leixlip road around Tescos, down towards the Dunboyne turn off. This plan contains planing for close to 700 housing units. My guess is the road is planned for this, it will alleviate the traffic volumes coming into the town and making a quicker easier link to these new estates.

Builders are saying they have about 20 units to finish/build this year, which is a years work for them, guessing any new phases wont be released until later in the year.

• Advertisement

Just wondering has anyone heard that another phase has been released, it has been saying on daft etc that current phase is sold out, it no longer says this. Also does anyone have the updated plans of the estate since they layout has changed? Would love to see them.

Just wondering has anyone heard that another phase has been released, it has been saying on daft etc that current phase is sold out, it no longer says this. Also does anyone have the updated plans of the estate since they layout has changed? Would love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

No - still on Daft that next phase hasn't been released. Also talked to EA and nothing yet.
    Was told they were due to be released end of Feb but they haven't heard anything at all from the developer, and know nothing about what kind of houses etc will be in phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

any sign of slow down?

Meeting the builder tomorrow, might get some insite into what there up to. I'll let you know

MACH2013 wrote: »
    Meeting the builder tomorrow, might get some insite into what there up to. I'll let you know

How'd you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

we re hoping to meet with them shortly, have asked for quotes for the shed & attic so still waiting on them to come back. Met with Gallaghers & found them really really helpful! Mach2013 did they say when they expect to be finished, they've been quite vague when we've asked?

Newgirl, would you mind PMing me too with any tips or snag issues we should watch out for along the way? Really looking forward to finally getting settled!!

Sorry folks, was off on hols last week.

Met with the builder on Friday.
    It takes 16 weeks to complete the house once foundations are poured, and that includes snagging etc. We are looking at getting the keys around the 3rd week in May. The complete a house roughly every month, so If you are the 8th house in Castlepark square, your looking at 8/10 months before completion.

After that, 2/3 weeks to convert the attic, depending what you want done. We are getting that done, but won't be doing a shed until next year.

As for the next phase, they have started building the 8 detached in Castlepark square. They will be releasing another 8 detached and more semi-detached shortly, in the next couple of weeks, and they have demand for those at the moment.

So all in all, demand appears to be there. We just can't wait to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jython98

Just finishing reading all the posts here, OMG, 28 pages.

Anyway, I think it's really good for Boards.ie as it did create good few "new users" along the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

jython98 wrote: »
    Just finishing reading all the posts here, OMG, 28 pages.

Anyway, I think it's really good for Boards.ie as it did create good few "new users" along the way. :)

that is true, "new users" all over the place.:eek:

• Advertisement

All I want to say is, please check PPR before making any offers, as you don't want to pay 20k more than your neighbors. :)

Also there seems to be some confusion over prices on PPR, as there can be VAT inclusive or exclusive, but you can work it out yourself.

We are looking around Maynooth as well, but no rush to buy in the near future, because there are too many uncertainties.

Wondering if anyone bought in castlepark has done pyrite testing? http://www.propertyhealthcheck.ie/what-is-pyrite-in-houses/pyrite-testing-ireland/ or they just trust whatever the EA/developer said. :)

also is UPC available in castlepark? don't think any of the 8MB super-fast BB will work for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

also is UPC available in castlepark? don't think any of the 8MB super-fast BB will work for us :)

Yes all houses are wired for upc.

All I want to say is, please check PPR before making any offers, as you don't want to pay 20k more than your neighbors. :)

Also there seems to be some confusion over prices on PPR, as there can be VAT inclusive or exclusive, but you can work it out yourself.

We are looking around Maynooth as well, but no rush to buy in the near future, because there are too many uncertainties.

Wondering if anyone bought in castlepark has done pyrite testing? http://www.propertyhealthcheck.ie/what-is-pyrite-in-houses/pyrite-testing-ireland/ or they just trust whatever the EA/developer said. :)

Didn't do pyrite testing but we were assured that all stone used from quarrys now tested these days so pyrite should not be an issue. I can't imaging a builder making that same mistake twice although maybe I'm foolish.

Nothing uncertain about the estate to be honest. Progress is great to watch, I have a great view from my bedroom a really busy site as demand is high. If the weekend drive by viewings are anything to go by (an average of 10-15 cars on a Saturday and Sunday) then It seems that there is a lot of interest.

With regard to the PPR my house price was put up including vat where as many exclude it. I'm not sure of the reason for this as I don't know who uploads the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Didn't do pyrite testing but we were assured that all stone used from quarrys now tested these days so pyrite should not be an issue. I can't imaging a builder making that same mistake twice although maybe I'm foolish.

Nothing uncertain about the estate to be honest. Progress is great to watch, I have a great view from my bedroom a really busy site as demand is high. If the weekend drive by viewings are anything to go by (an average of 10-15 cars on a Saturday and Sunday) then It seems that there is a lot of interest.

With regard to the PPR my house price was put up including vat where as many exclude it. I'm not sure of the reason for this as I don't know who uploads the information.

Buyers solicitors upload the prices

djivide_ wrote: »
    Yes all houses are wired for upc.

Thanks,

do you know anyone currently have the connection? :D just to be sure, as I might work from home so good BB defo a plus.

Thank you very much Newgilr2012

According to PPR, there are 3 sold already in castlepark in 2013. http://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/PPR-By-Date?SearchView&Start=1&SearchMax=0&SearchOrder=4&Query=%5Bdt_execution_date%5D%3E=01/01/2013%20AND%20%5Bdt_execution_date%5D%3C01/01/2014%20AND%20%5Baddress%5D=*maynooth*%20AND%20%5Bdc_county%5D=%22Kildare%22&County=Kildare&Year=2013&StartMonth=&EndMonth=&Address=maynooth

Thanks,

do you know anyone currently have the connection? :D just to be sure, as I might work from home so good BB defo a plus.

Yes we have 100mb broadband from UPC and it works great. UPC is wired already in the house in the living room and master bedroom you can then get them out to connect up any other points you want as the wiring is there for points in all the rooms but only connected with a box in two rooms when you get the house. Broadband working great, mobile phone network coverage is a nightmare however, must be something to do with all the trees around but you need to be right beside a window to get coverage which is a pain.

Yes we have 100mb broadband from UPC and it works great. UPC is wired already in the house in the living room and master bedroom you can then get them out to connect up any other points you want as the wiring is there for points in all the rooms but only connected with a box in two rooms when you get the house. Broadband working great, mobile phone network coverage is a nightmare however, must be something to do with all the trees around but you need to be right beside a window to get coverage which is a pain.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Have any of you looked at moyglare hall? it's further out of town, with ok build quality, but cheaper, can you tell me why you bought castlepark instead?

Advertisement