Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

hi guys, has anyone whose purchased got any tips on change requests that they requested or wish they had, snag issues to keep an eye out for? very much appreciate any suggestions, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Has anyone heard mention of the builders wanting to change the design of the houses? (detached)?? I've heard mention of them wanting to change the front door to the side of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

Has anyone heard mention of the builders wanting to change the design of the houses? (detached)?? I've heard mention of them wanting to change the front door to the side of the house?

They were planning to do this originally with just the end houses on the next row of semi-detached as far as I know but have since put in planning permission to change them back to normal design with front door at the front. Haven't heard anything about detached though

Sasha144 wrote: »
    They were planning to do this originally with just the end houses on the next row of semi-detached as far as I know but have since put in planning permission to change them back to normal design with front door at the front. Haven't heard anything about detached though

Right I see. So are those semis for sale now or when will they be for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Have heard from EA that next phase will be released in June if all goes okay with planning permission. Plans at moment are apparently to build more four beds detached and semi d, but no three beds, which for us is so disappointing.... Just about getting over it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Have heard from EA that next phase will be released in June if all goes okay with planning permission. Plans at moment are apparently to build more four beds detached and semi d, but no three beds, which for us is so disappointing.... Just about getting over it :(
    Don't despair! Spoke with the builder yesterday. My mother in law (perish the thought, we have bought there and will be moving in soon) is now looking to buy in Castlepark also. The next release will be happening in the next ~10 weeks (once planning is approved,, and they are confident it will) and the will be building to demand, and that can be 3 bed or 4 bed semi detached.

yeay!! I was trying to think of something positive to say but i know how heartbreaking it is to lose a house you love, happened to us twice before we found castlepark! Fingers crossed Mrsq2b!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Thanks folks... fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Best of luck mrsq2b... They are such amazing houses and great value too....

48 Castlepark Square
    Maynooth
    Kildare
    Sale Information Date of Sale: 01/05/2013
    Price: €228,194.00

Not Full Market Price: No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

48 Castlepark Square
    Maynooth
    Kildare

That is 259k after VAT.

I assume this is the 3 semi.

• Advertisement

Galego wrote: »
    That is 259k after VAT.

Yeah that would be for the 3bed semi and yeah its the price before vat so obviously the buyer negotiated on the asking price so got a good price!

Galego wrote: »
    That is 259k after VAT.

If this price is taken from property price register than yes it's the price before vat!
    Good to see tellmesomething is back to their old tricks! We've missed you!!!

48 Castlepark Square
    Maynooth
    Kildare

48 Castlepark Square
    Maynooth
    Kildare

Your point????

Your point????

Hi,

I was only letting Mrs et al know that there is plenty of bargaining room out there.

Relax. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The defensiveness of people who've bought houses here about any risk of the prices falling is hilarious, its like 2007 all over again.

I can remember people being convinced their 240k 'bargain' would never fall as they were "well built" and "Maynooth has its own property market". Just a reminder that its never a good idea to be so determined...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

MYOB wrote: »
    The defensiveness of people who've bought houses here about any risk of the prices falling is hilarious, its like 2007 all over again.

I can remember people being convinced their 240k 'bargain' would never fall as they were "well built" and "Maynooth has its own property market". Just a reminder that its never a good idea to be so determined...

It is true to say determination isn't going to make the sale price a given, putting aside "well built" & Maynooth as its own 'enclave' both of which I commented upon before but that is personal opinion (to clarify before anyone jumps down my neck, this is a particularly twitchy thread! - I don't own in CPark, or Maynooth - I just inspect houses & kick the 'tyres' on them). The outside factors have a large part to play - the receiver sales where they are selling properties well below build cost have got to be having an effect on decisions to purchase in an area or chosen development. If similar sized homes are available (new homes) at two thirds or half the price of say CPark, It will encourage a certain percentage of buyers to choose the cheaper home as their final decision or property purchase.
    It still doesn't explain why a builder that is building in phases would make non - commercially viable commitments to sell at below build cost prices. Sure their are a number of companies treading water to weather the recession, but building in phases - they can extend or drag out the build by just beginning substantial works & wait as minor gains in the property market or demand brings the unit / property sale price back into the black for their company.

I never ask a client the price of property i'm inspecting, as it doesn't make a difference to my duty, however I was chatting with a client at his prospective home the other day - South Dublin 4 bed, similar high spec. finish (possibly not as green / as good a BER rating as CPark) and I mentioned that i'd done 5 of the apartments in the development in the last few weeks as they were selling like hot cakes since the receiver released them for the attractive prices.
    The client proceeded to tell me what he was paying €420k for today, went on the market when built 5 years ago for €900K,
    I nearly choked.
    So I dunno about hilarious, they are some serious numbers ! And a chunk of negative equity for the purchasers at the release price.
    To paraphrase the teenagers OMFG!
    mike f :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

The TRS wouldn't have affected the closed bidding for the current detached being built, as it doesn't come into affect until the mortgage is drawn down, so buyers for those houses would not be availing of it as its gone. Pure supply and demand drove the price up imo.

I suppose we don't know what price the latest detached houses went for until the mortgages have been drawn down and the property price register updated. If the price did increase perhaps this happened as the buyers believed this was their last opportunity to purchase a detached house. As this is not the case (subject to the latest planning application being approved) it will be interesting to see if the price decreases given this and if the builder continues to modify the plan to build more detached.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

According to Kildare co co planning section further information has been requested regarding the latest submission. I can't seem to view the docs detailing what further info is required,just the cover page. Does anyone know how I could see these? Thanks!

when you click on the jpeg you should see next page and on that it just says they are looking for them to outline how circumstances have altered since planning permission was granted to warrent removal of that condition.

• Advertisement

Anyone know why they have changed the stonework at the entrance to the estate? Not liking the flower beds they put in there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SupermanXIII

Does anyone know anything about the planning permission for the estate in the green area beside Castlepark? Thanks

Does anyone know anything about the planning permission for the estate in the green area beside Castlepark? Thanks

Mason homes own all that land down to the roundabout. They have plans to build another estate next to Castlepark once they have finished here. The council own the land behind the estate that backs on to carton mile and there are plans to develop that into a recreational area eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no planning in as yet for that land at all as far as I know. The "full" antique planning viewer is refusing to work though.

MYOB wrote: »
    There's no planning in as yet for that land at all as far as I know. The "full" antique planning viewer is refusing to work though.

Well their intention is to build another estate next to Castlepark as that land is zoned for development, was up chatting to builders last week and they said they plan to start in 4 years so a bit of a while to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Anyone know why they have changed the stonework at the entrance to the estate? Not liking the flower beds they put in there today.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

Well their intention is to build another estate next to Castlepark as that land is zoned for development, was up chatting to builders last week and they said they plan to start in 4 years so a bit of a while to wait.

Amazing how the previous posters query came up in conversation with the builder last week. Everyone better rush down to Coonans in the morning cause there will never be houses like this again..........:rolleyes:

Amazing how the previous posters query came up in conversation with the builder last week. Everyone better rush down to Coonans in the morning cause there will never be houses like this again..........:rolleyes:

I was in their office paying a bill for attic conversion and asked to see changes to existing plans and asked about future plans!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SupermanXIII

Many thanks for the replies to my planning question. There is some fierce cynicism on this thread altogether although I can understand why! EA's etc. would be bonkers NOT to use forums like boards as promotional tools- I would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

I was in their office paying a bill for attic conversion and asked to see changes to existing plans and asked about future plans!!!!!

Hi Newgirl,

What info did you get regarding changes to the existing plans?

Advertisement