Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Hi Newgirl,

What info did you get regarding changes to the existing plans?

Oh just the houses due to face onto the far side of the green are now to be 8 detached and then backing on to them is to be 12 3/4 bed semis which will look on to the field behind, they're hoping to release them very soon then the layout of the rest of the houses on the plans will more than likely change too depending on demand. They like how the existing houses are in cul de sacs so will make changes to create this in the rest of the plans. As soon as they finish the set of 10 detached they intended to open the green fully and move their hoarding right back which will be great for us living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Oh just the houses due to face onto the far side of the green are now to be 8 detached and then backing on to them is to be 12 3/4 bed semis which will look on to the field behind, they're hoping to release them very soon then the layout of the rest of the houses on the plans will more than likely change too depending on demand. They like how the existing houses are in cul de sacs so will make changes to create this in the rest of the plans. As soon as they finish the set of 10 detached they intended to open the green fully and move their hoarding right back which will be great for us living here.

Thanks Newgirl, that's good news about the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

Looks like planning got approved to remove the road requirement. Good news for anyone interested in this estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

& for those who brought at least the estate will get finished! How did the move go Mach2013? We'll be in for sept so any headsups re snags etc would be great! Did you get the attic done as we're hoping to stretch to it

Not in yet, very soon though! Snag completed, not much in it to be honest, finish is to a very high standard. Attic conversion starts next week, 80% of work to be completed before the builders hols. Just can't wait!

• Advertisement

Best of luck with everything!! We cant wait to be FINALLY settled either, been nearly 6 years looking!!! We're doing our 1st fit tomorrow!! Hope we dont mess it up, we're going to go with the attic now too & maybe lay the foundation for the shed, theres a few biggish bits creepy in to the budget that we didnt expect so might leave the shed for now, how long did it take from 1st fix to now for you? have you gone over? really hoping to be in for start of sept but they did say the end originally.

First fix is a little daunting, but they really help you through the whole thing. make your mind up and just go with it, no regrets! We went for the double doored hot press, moving the tank up to the attic. Gives you a bigger ensuite in the Master bedroom. We also left the wardrobes out of BR3 so the attic conversion can go ahead, thats starting Monday! After that we went with everything else standard. We put in a fireplace, give them plenty notice on that!

I have to say they are a dream to deal with, real pros.

Best of luck, pm me if you need anymore details

By the way, get a good snagger, I was disappointed with mine. I was a little niave, set the expectation up front

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

MACH2013 wrote: »
    By the way, get a good snagger, I was disappointed with mine. I was a little niave, set the expectation up front

We snagged ourselves and had absolutely no problems! We're in since April and I can safely say any small problems we have had were rectified immediately with absolutely no hassle! I'm just saying that for anybody snagging don't be terrified to do it yourself... Read up about snagging and go through the house with a fine tooth comb!!! There aren't many problems with these houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DexterCat

Hi all,

Not building related, but more for the current residents! I'm resident on the estate and my cat has gone missing - since yesterday evening! He's 7/8 months old, small, black, neutered and chipped with a red collar. Friendly enough so he would probably approach people. His name is Dexter, but may also respond to puss.

If anyone has seen him, could you pm me?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DexterCat

DexterCat wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not building related, but more for the current residents! I'm resident on the estate and my cat has gone missing - since yesterday evening! He's 7/8 months old, small, black, neutered and chipped with a red collar. Friendly enough so he would probably approach people. His name is Dexter, but may also respond to puss.

If anyone has seen him, could you pm me?

Thanks!

Cat has been found!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Just wondering what the parking is like in the estate.
    From the site plan it seems there will be 2 spaces per driveway but very little extra.... Has it been a problem for anyone living there?

Just wondering what the parking is like in the estate.
    From the site plan it seems there will be 2 spaces per driveway but very little extra.... Has it been a problem for anyone living there?

There's space for another car on the path in front of the houses.
    For additional parking - just guessing here - when the creche is build up at the back there may be addition parking there??

Next phase released last friday, bids to be in by Thursday. Interesting to see how quick they go this time, or will there be a slow down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BasketBaby

Closed bid....mmh! Prices missing from price register for two houses on Drive and two on Avenue, would be interested in detached if they went for under 300K???? What do you think Mach?? Who is supposed to contact the Property Price Register to log sale price?? Are they all really sold or are they rented??

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I received an email from the EA today. Here is some of it:
    The properties that are being released are as follows;

22 – 29 Castlepark Square – 4 bedroom detached
    • All bids should be no lower than €400,000 (Say Four Hundred Thousand Euro).

1 – 10 Castlepark View – 4 bedroom or 3 bedroom semi-detached
    • All bids for the 4 bedroom semi-detached should be no lower than €285,000 (Say Two Hundred & Eighty Five Thousand Euro).
    • All bids for the 3 bedroom semi-detached should be no lower than €265,000 (Say Two Hundred & Sixty Five Thousand Euro).

Mason Homes are in a position to construct 3 or 4 bedroom semi-detached so demand will dictate what is constructed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

Mason Homes are mad if they think people are going to pay the full asking price for the semi-detached houses. From looking at the property price register only four of the four beds have reached 285k and who knows what kind of extras were thrown in with that price. Other four bed semis seem to have gone for anything upwards of €268500 when you add on the VAT

BasketBaby wrote: »
    Closed bid....mmh! Prices missing from price register for two houses on Drive and two on Avenue, would be interested in detached if they went for under 300K???? What do you think Mach?? Who is supposed to contact the Property Price Register to log sale price?? Are they all really sold or are they rented??

Its up to the solicitor to register, thats done after the sale is closed. Not sure what happened on the Avenue and why they're not registered. I'm a little closer to the Drive, there is definetly no one renting on that road. Your not going to get one for €300K i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

well, we can see from here it seems less and less interested this place...... don't want see another newtown hall in maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

you2008 wrote: »
    well, we can see from here it seems less and less interested this place...... don't want see another newtown hall in maynooth

What's wrong with Newtown Hall???? (just wondering...thought it looked nice?)

• Advertisement

mrsq2b wrote: »
    What's wrong with Newtown Hall???? (just wondering...thought it looked nice?)

nothing wrong with it, but don't pay property tax.....:D

Sasha144 wrote: »
    Mason Homes are mad if they think people are going to pay the full asking price for the semi-detached houses. From looking at the property price register only four of the four beds have reached 285k and who knows what kind of extras were thrown in with that price. Other four bed semis seem to have gone for anything upwards of €268500 when you add on the VAT

Not so sure if they are mad Sasha, they have probably gauged the level of interest from the EA from queries and showhouse views, banks seem to be lending more (or they are saying so anyway) and its been almost a year since they opened the last phase of semis.
    Also, the numbers of people coming into viewing the estate is really high, getting kinda sick of people looking in my front windows at this stage!

I would seriously not gauge activity in this thread as level of interest, living on the estate, you see real interest.

I would seriously not gauge activity in this thread as level of interest, living on the estate, you see real interest.

well, it is certainly not the case when this thread started.:)

well, it is certainly not the case when this thread started.:)

that maybe so, still wouldn't gauge it as a level of interest

that maybe so, still wouldn't gauge it as a level of interest

just keep it in mind, I have viewed the house 3 times in last year, so you can count me as one buyer.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hopelesscase

a lovely estate & priced well in my opinion, just ensure you consider extras such as flooring costs, shower doors etc if you are at the top end of your budget

just checked out the property register on daft, the prices are all over the place do they include the attic/shed prices on top of the house price or something?? they don't match the prices on myhome at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

Anyone make an offer and have it accepted or refused? Haven't made an offer myself, just curious about level of interest for this phase.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

nothing wrong with it, but don't pay property tax.....:D

Why would you not pay your property tax in newton hall ?

Advertisement