Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

You just get them yourself, integrated appliances are all a standard size so for your dishwasher n washing machine that should be grand. If you're going for a large fridge you can just give Gallaghers the measurements and they will work around you. Also built in ovens are a standard size usually so you shouldn't have any problems!

Brings back memories of this time last year for me!! Happy shopping!!!

quote="mrsq2b;88202430"]Hi folks,

I was just wondering what those who have moved in / are about to move in have done with regard to buying kitchen appliances? Do Gallaghers sell them / have a deal set up with a supplier, or did you buy yourself and give them the measurements?
    Am hoping to hit the sales this week to get a few bits, so might try get some appliances but Gallaghers currently closed.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RParker123

Are prices on the rise here or falling?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Seem to be going up 10k for detached each phase but the register is all over the place ours is in exl vat but others showing with it included so quite misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gladiator28

Has anyone had a four bed detached house attic converted into a bedroom and a ensuit wondering where dose the stairs go and who did it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

Harvy Normans in Naas all the way. Ask for Sean O'Sullivan, he is a manager there. Did us a great deal on everything

• Advertisement

RParker123 wrote: »
    Are prices on the rise here or falling?
    Very much on the rise each phase

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

MACH2013 wrote: »

Yup, I agree.

Thanks for the tip Mach - we did actually buy all, except washer/dryer, in Harvey Norman. They were great.

Has anyone had a four bed detached house attic converted into a bedroom and a ensuit wondering where dose the stairs go and who did it

Stairs goes between the guest ensuite batchroom (steps cut into the ensuite ceiling slightly) and the 4th (smallest) Bedroom. You lose the wardrobe in the smallest bedroom.

We got Mason Homes to do it, tasty job. Luckily I negotiated a price 12 months before house was built. Materials got more expensive during the year, but they absolutely honoured the original deal. Takes~2/3 weeks

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Yup, I agree.

Thanks for the tip Mach - we did actually buy all, except washer/dryer, in Harvey Norman. They were great.

He did a great deal on Siemens washer and Dryer, I wanted Bosch (higher end stuff) but Siemens make Bosch, so I managed to get a higher spec machine for much less than the Bosch I wanted!! And there savage! So my wife says.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Good stuff!
    Another question - did you go with UPC in the house, or can you get Sky in the houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

really? did not see that happened on the property register :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

you2008 wrote: »

The register is absolutely impossible to decipher realistically - some are up there without VAT, some with VAT (all should be without) and they also include the cost of any changes you pay the builders for.

Its the asking that's rising with each phase, that doesn't mean the sale price is rising but at this stage I'd suspect it is. Early on I think it was guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

MYOB wrote: »
    The register is absolutely impossible to decipher realistically - some are up there without VAT, some with VAT (all should be without) and they also include the cost of any changes you pay the builders for.

Well, anyone with a bit math can work out the price with or without VAT, that is certainly not the issue here!

Cost of changes, I really doubt how many buyer did added the fifth room (4 beds) for 10K.:D

Well, anyone with a bit math can work out the price with or without VAT, that is certainly not the issue here!

Cost of changes, I really doubt how many buyer did added the fifth room (4 beds) for 10K.:D

The changes that have been discussed on here range from kitchen cabinets to the attic room, all go on the register price. The next challenge after that is figuring out what size house it is and what phase it was in - a house from an earlier phase could take an age to close and be on the register.

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Good stuff!
    Another question - did you go with UPC in the house, or can you get Sky in the houses?

Went with UPC, we just prefer it. Got Broadband, free home phone and piped into a couple of the rooms for ~€80 per month

Really. Keep watching it.

MYOB wrote: »
    The changes that have been discussed on here range from kitchen cabinets to the attic room, all go on the register price. QUOTE]

No they don't. I got extras, I got the attic converted, they were paid for seperately, and do not appear on the register.

I agree, the register is not ideal.

Tip of the week for new buyers, you don't pay stamp duty on the site, only on the house!! Beware of solicitors who chance charging it on all, I had to take mine through it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

The cost of any extras or changes are not included in the property price register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DerbyRam

Do you have any idea on the cost of the site for the 4 bed detached? Is it a percentage of the selling price or is it a fixed cost per site? So, stamp duty = 1% of (Selling Price - Site Price)

:):)
    DerbyRam wrote: »
    Do you have any idea on the cost of the site for the 4 bed detached? Is it a percentage of the selling price or is it a fixed cost per site? So, stamp duty = 1% of (Selling Price - Site Price)
    Frome Revenue.ie
    VAT and stamp duty

Stamp duty is assessed on the VAT exclusive consideration, Sections 48 and 56 of the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 provide that the chargeable consideration for stamp duty purposes is to exclude any VAT chargeable under Section 2 of the VAT Act 1972 on the sale or lease.
    Where VAT is included in the consideration, it should be deducted before calculating the charge or rate of stamp duty

Therefore
    Buy a house for 499,000 (as an example)
    Your paying VAT on this, but not on the site.
    Site is €100,000 (Figure is on evaluation)
    so €399,000 includes 13.5% vat
    Less the vat is 451541 available for Stamp Duty, €4,515.41 :):)

Solicitor tried to tell me its €4,999

• Advertisement

No they don't. I got extras, I got the attic converted, they were paid for seperately, and do not appear on the register.

They do in other prices mentioned by buyers on this thread. Makes it even more inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laguna02

High,

We have been interested in this estate for a while and expected the next phase to come on stream late 13'. We now see that planning is now not due in till the 24th Jan does anyone know why?
    Surprised at the delay as it just involves a change in the no. of different house types.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Just saw online that next phase is due to be released in mid-Feb (date tbc). It's so frustrating, this planning issue has been going on since November at least. The real stresser is waiting to see the asking price, EA is giving no indication at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brianbyrnebb

I have heard that they are to release the details on Friday 24th of Jan.
    I'd love to know how much the bidding process drives the price up by on average:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laguna02

I doubt if there will be any significant change as banks in particular will only lend to valid valuations. The market in Maynooth, appears to be quite sluggish compared to other areas, this most likely has to do with the "premium" price compared to the likes of Celbridge etc.
    Will be interesting to see if the demand is still as high, the envelope bidding has had a negative effect. I am aware of one definite interested buyer who has now bought in Lucan rather than take a "chance" that they might be successful. They were aware that unsuccessful bidders the last time around have been guaranteed a house at a fixed price, but not being one they were not prepared to wait another 12 mths with prices rising and the prospect of having to "bid" on a new house.
    Will see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hi,

Considering the houses in Castlepark ourselves.Im just wondering about the attic conversion in the 4 bed detatched. Did everyone who did it choose to loose wardrobes and a bit of ensuite space? Is this the only way to do it? My reasoning is this - If we bought one, wed want to convert the attic and put in an ensuite up there too. I cant see any reason why wed need 3 ensuites and a main bathroom in the house. Did anyone ask if it would be possible to put the stairs where the 2nd ensuite is and have the stairs opening onto the landing? Then box room could be used as an office.

Thanks
    DD

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Is there an annual management fee associated with this development ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Is there an annual management fee associated with this development ?

No Tiger there's none

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭borderfox11

Repetto wrote: »
    Just saw online that next phase is due to be released in mid-Feb (date tbc). It's so frustrating, this planning issue has been going on since November at least. The real stresser is waiting to see the asking price, EA is giving no indication at all.

watching these myself - id say they are leaving it as long as possible as no doubt the price is going up all the time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

:):)
    Frome Revenue.ie
    VAT and stamp duty

Stamp duty is assessed on the VAT exclusive consideration, Sections 48 and 56 of the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 provide that the chargeable consideration for stamp duty purposes is to exclude any VAT chargeable under Section 2 of the VAT Act 1972 on the sale or lease.
    Where VAT is included in the consideration, it should be deducted before calculating the charge or rate of stamp duty

Therefore
    Buy a house for 499,000 (as an example)
    Your paying VAT on this, but not on the site.
    Site is €100,000 (Figure is on evaluation)
    so €399,000 includes 13.5% vat
    Less the vat is 451541 available for Stamp Duty, €4,515.41 :):)

Solicitor tried to tell me its €4,999

MACH I think your figures are incorrect here. 499k- 100k= 399k

The ex vat price on this should be €351,541 leaving stamp duty at €3,515

Advertisement