Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Shedzafew wrote: »
    MACH I think your figures are incorrect here. 499k- 100k= 399k

The ex vat price on this should be €351,541 leaving stamp duty at €3,515

I don't think you can exclude the site price unless you purchase the site separately, i.e. not part of the same contract with builder.

Stamp duty pre-VAT is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

Shedzafew wrote: »
    MACH I think your figures are incorrect here. 499k- 100k= 399k

The ex vat price on this should be €351,541 leaving stamp duty at €3,515

Apologies, I didn't do such a good job explaining.

You don't pay VAT on the site, so you take this off first. 499-100

Then remove 13.5%, because you shouldn't pay Stamp on VAT. 351541

Calculate Stamp at 1% 3515.41

And add site Stamp at 1%. 1000

Q.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

For anyone whos interested:

Tomorrow, Saturday the 18th 2-4pm, there is a viewing of the 4 bed detached and 4 bed semi in the estate.

They didnt advertise on daft or their website. Didnt get an email either. I just noticed when looking on Coonans for more pics of the interiors. Rang there and it was confirmed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

For anyone whos interested:

Tomorrow, Saturday the 18th 2-4pm, there is a viewing of the 4 bed detached and 4 bed semi in the estate.

They didnt advertise on daft or their website. Didnt get an email either. I just noticed when looking on Coonans for more pics of the interiors. Rang there and it was confirmed for me.

Need to register or anything?

Need to register or anything?

nope she said just turn up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 picklest

New here but have been following this thread for a while. Is anyone else absolutely shocked at the tiny gardens? I was excited to go and see the houses today but left really depressed :-( , I thought the houses were lovely otherwise

I actually thought the garden for the detatched was a decent size for a new build. I thought the 4 bed semi was overall very squashed. wouldnt even consider spending the asking price on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

picklest wrote: »
    New here but have been following this thread for a while. Is anyone else absolutely shocked at the tiny gardens? I was excited to go and see the houses today but left really depressed :-( , I thought the houses were lovely otherwise

I suppose it depends what you're looking for. I'm living in Castlepark a year now, I too was disappointed when I initially saw the garden size but when you take all the other pros into account, ie the quality of the build, the exceptionally high standard of finishes the energy ratings and even the overall look of the estate it far out weighs the fact that the garden isn't massive. There's a large green opposite my house and I'm not hugely into gardening, once there's a nice sunny spot to sit outside during the summer then that's all you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Went down today. Was impressed with the finish. Not so much with the layout of the houses. Preferred the downstairs of the semi but the spacious upstairs of the detached. I wouldn't spend €100k extra for the detached though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Argo123

Fab houses! I want one ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 picklest

The detached garden was okish but only at the expense of the house behind it, if anyone noticed, the semid's garden wasnt as deep. Hubby didn't like the layout of the detached, as the 2nd front room was beyond tiny, thoughit I think it would make a nice office (but there would be no playroom then). We can't afford detached anyway, so that isn't even an option.... and we definitely wouldn't buy anything with no garden. It's a real pity, it seems greed might have played a big part in desining the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

picklest wrote: »
    The detached garden was okish but only at the expense of the house behind it, if anyone noticed, the semid's garden wasnt as deep. Hubby didn't like the layout of the detached, as the 2nd front room was beyond tiny, thoughit I think it would make a nice office (but there would be no playroom then). We can't afford detached anyway, so that isn't even an option.... and we definitely wouldn't buy anything with no garden. It's a real pity, it seems greed might have played a big part in desining the estate

Gardens are tiny but dont think people who buy those houses really care much about the garden. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

I attended today as well and have to say I was very impressed with the houses however I was surprised at the size of gardens and green areas. As someone who is currently renting a house with a long north facing garden I find I have to go to the bottom of the garden to get sunshine in the evening. I was just wondering if the people living in the estate could let us know if the sun actually shines into the gardens in the evenings and if you have a north(ist) or south(ish) facing. Like other posters here I'm not a greenfingers but I do like my bbq and beer when the opportunity arises!!

As for the green areas they do seem very small for the number of houses in the development. If a lot of these houses produce offspring its hard to see room for them all to play in the green areas.

Overall a very nice development but unfortunately the Irish planning system is once again favouring the vendor over the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Skelp wrote: »
    I attended today as well and have to say I was very impressed with the houses however I was surprised at the size of gardens and green areas. As someone who is currently renting a house with a long north facing garden I find I have to go to the bottom of the garden to get sunshine in the evening. I was just wondering if the people living in the estate could let us know if the sun actually shines into the gardens in the evenings and if you have a north(ist) or south(ish) facing. Like other posters here I'm not a greenfingers but I do like my bbq and beer when the opportunity arises!!

As for the green areas they do seem very small for the number of houses in the development. If a lot of these houses produce offspring its hard to see room for them all to play in the green areas.

Overall a very nice development but unfortunately the Irish planning system is once again favouring the vendor over the buyer.

My garden faces northwest and this summer it was pretty much in full Sun from after around 11ish in the day, Sun would work it's way up the garden towards the French doors so in the late evening we still had a nice sunny kitchen and patio. The winter sun does not reach the back garden but come spring it will start to get sunny again so that does me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gambrelli

Hello to All Castleparker's!! We will be moving in this May, are there any plans to have a meet up for the neighbours for the development:) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Gambrelli wrote: »
    Hello to All Castleparker's!! We will be moving in this May, are there any plans to have a meet up for the neighbours for the development:) ?

Just waiting for Gambrelli to arrive! Great idea & you got our vote for head of castlepark social committee!! ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gambrelli

Ha ha I'm more of a bar prop than a commitee head, Ok see you all in May!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stupidname2013

Gambrelli wrote: »

We're moving in hopefully March - at least Aislinn seems to think we'll close in February but we're getting the attic done and want the floors in etc before we move! Too excited!!! Definitely meet up will have to be organised!! Wish there was a smiley to jump up and down!! Eeeek!!

Oh and on the gardens - it wasn't a factor for us - we've enough space for a BBQ, table, a small shed and some plants so it's all good (semi-d).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gladiator28

Hi all any more pictures of the houses not much on the websites

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We're moving in hopefully March - at least Aislinn seems to think we'll close in February but we're getting the attic done and want the floors in etc before we move! Too excited!!! Definitely meet up will have to be organised!! Wish there was a smiley to jump up and down!! Eeeek!!

Oh and on the gardens - it wasn't a factor for us - we've enough space for a BBQ, table, a small shed and some plants so it's all good (semi-d).

\o/ \o_ \o/ this smiley;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Movinout2014

Hello All,

Seriously looking at the development at the moment, waiting for the release of phase 2 in Feb.

If anyone can help with information on commute into Dublin City (Grand Canal) that would be great.
    I believe that the train takes about 40 mins, bus - not sure.

If someone is currently commuting in every morning, am interested in getting their opinion on it (time to bus/train, time on bus/train etc)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Curious2014

Hi, we're looking at Maynooth and are interested in this estate, just wondering did anyone who bought here get a pyrite test before their sale went through, given the builders history? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whatshesaid

http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiry/

New phase planning just announced. Does anyone know why the two detached houses at the end of the virtually completed phase are being held off the market? EA said the builder wasn't releasing them to Connan

http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiry/

New phase planning just announced. Does anyone know why the two detached houses at the end of the virtually completed phase are being held off the market? EA said the builder wasn't releasing them to Connan

No's 9 & 10?

They look like prime spots and are probably for friends/family of the builder :-)

Has anyone seen the layout of the new release or know how many detached / semi-detached there will be? I recall the agent saying 15 of each.

No's 9 & 10?

They look like prime spots and are probably for friends/family of the builder :-)

Has anyone seen the layout of the new release or know how many detached / semi-detached there will be? I recall the agent saying 15 of each.

The new layout is on the kildare coco website, including which are semis or detached. she told us they were releasing probably everything other than the bottom rightmost road, that have east facing gardens. but it depends on demand. if 20 people say they will put in offers, theyll release 10 to up the prices etc again and create demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Just had a look at the revised site map. Almost finished it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

I think there are going to be 28 detached and 20 semis. How do you access the revised site map on the Kildare co co website? I can only see the details of the application but no map.

28 detached is a lot more than the last plans I saw. The developer obviously sees greater profit in these and is cashing in.

Maybe it's me but I don't see the extra €100k's worth compared to the semi's.

Can anyone comment on what the traffics like on the dunboyne road in rush hour? How busy is it getting to blanchardstown? I don't fancy paying the m50 toll everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Repetto wrote: »
    I think there are going to be 28 detached and 20 semis. How do you access the revised site map on the Kildare co co website? I can only see the details of the application but no map.

You should see four tabs just sitting on top of the planning app details info one says "documents" click on that & u should see something like site layout (JPEG file)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hello All,

Seriously looking at the development at the moment, waiting for the release of phase 2 in Feb.

If anyone can help with information on commute into Dublin City (Grand Canal) that would be great.
    I believe that the train takes about 40 mins, bus - not sure.

If someone is currently commuting in every morning, am interested in getting their opinion on it (time to bus/train, time on bus/train etc)

Cheers

It takes about an hour to GCD as most trains are not direct and you need to change in Connolly, 25-40 minutes to Connolly.
    Depending on the hours that you work driving can be easier.

Advertisement