Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

28 detached is a lot more than the last plans I saw. The developer obviously sees greater profit in these and is cashing in.

Maybe it's me but I don't see the extra €100k's worth compared to the semi's.

Can anyone comment on what the traffics like on the dunboyne road in rush hour? How busy is it getting to blanchardstown? I don't fancy paying the m50 toll everyday.

I travel that road every day at about 8:30 and there is no traffic but sometimes there are tractors! It takes roughly 12 minutes from Castlepark to Dunboyne at that time.
    I hit traffic but it is all the Straffan road and Maynooth main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spidermofo

First time poster, long time reader! :) I see the prices of the 4 bed semis in Moyglare hall maynooth have miraculously jumped up a stagering 20k in a two week period of january this year (daft.com)? I believed these houses were build a while back and remained unsold maybe due to price or interest.... but now a 20k hike? Im just wondering is its Coonan hiking the price of simular houses they control in the area before introducing the next phase POA 4 bed semi-d's in castlepark? I like tgecestate but wouldnt be able the justify spending more then the 285k for the 4 semi.. so it remains to be seen whether im out! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Movinout2014

Following on from the last post on commuting information -

Does anyone have detail around:

- When the crèche is due to be completed in Castlepark
    - Those who currently live in the estate, would you have any information on childcare facilities - PM me if you can

Many thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You might have more luck on the Kildare forum looking for info on childcare.
    There are loads of people there living in Maynooth,if you have kids for the Educate together or the Gaelscoil then get their names down in the schools now as there is a massive shortage of places.
    There is a brilliant Naionra and a really good play school that is near Castlepark.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Hi all , just wondering if anyone knows approx size of the sitting room floor in four bed semi d? Sqaure yds? Builder won't give to us and trying to budget!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 picklest

Why would they not give you the dimensions? I find it quite strange that they haven't been advertised anywhere... the whole thing is a bit odd actually, getting more and more put off this estate the more I think about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Hi all, new here but have been following the thread. I know someone mentioned about Coonan increase prices in another estate in Maynooth, but I noticed they have increased prices on numerous houses in the area. Either they see signs of buyer activity or putting prices up on next phase ( most likely). I am a first-time buyer so don't know the ins and outs of it all. But after the 28days planning rejection period are they taking offers? @ 265k for 3bed I thought it was on the edge of being overpriced. If it goes above 275k it surely will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Hi all , just wondering if anyone knows approx size of the sitting room floor in four bed semi d? Sqaure yds? Builder won't give to us and trying to budget!
    Thanks

All the plans are on the kildare co co website. Search for mason homes. site layout and house dimensions are all there

All the plans are on the kildare co co website. Search for mason homes. site layout and house dimensions are all there

Hi, can you post a link? I can't find it. Thank you

Big Cheese wrote: »
    Hi, can you post a link? I can't find it. Thank you

the website has been linked many times in the thread. you cant link to specific plans

• Advertisement

the website has been linked many times in the thread. you cant link to specific plans

Thanks for the help, have found it. New to Kcoco site and found it hard to navigate that's why I asked.

Thanks for the help, have found it. New to Kcoco site and found it hard to navigate that's why I asked.

Yes its atrocious!

Hi all, new here but have been following the thread. I know someone mentioned about Coonan increase prices in another estate in Maynooth, but I noticed they have increased prices on numerous houses in the area. Either they see signs of buyer activity or putting prices up on next phase ( most likely). I am a first-time buyer so don't know the ins and outs of it all. But after the 28days planning rejection period are they taking offers? @ 265k for 3bed I thought it was on the edge of being overpriced. If it goes above 275k it surely will be.

Just took a look at daft and it looks like prices are on the up in general in the area... Eg there's a three bed in parklands for 280k (not coonans). One of the tradesmen for castlepark made some comment to us last week about how we were lucky to have got in last phase...maybe he knows something we don't...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JellyKitten

I think that 3 bed in Parklands needs work and only has a D2 BER but it does have a (convertible) garage, a large green area in front and the estate, larger back garden and is beside the train station and on the M4 side of Maynooth so...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Also, Parklands is in a league of its own price-wise, and always has been more expensive than comparable areas. It's a very desirable estate and people seem prepared to pay above the odds for a property there. Not liking the sound of that, mrsq2b! All this waiting to see if we're in with a chance at all is wearing me out!

Oh fingers crossed for you, I know exactly how you feel. We were in the same boat last August.

I viewed a few houses in Rockfield/Parklands when we wanted to buy, and they all needed a lot of work and I much preferred Castlepark / thought it offered better value for money (of course, that's just my opinion)

Hello,

On the creche situation, am wondering where current residents go for creche facilities, should the one in Castlepark not be built.....

Thanks

Coonan told me a few weeks ago that the prices are to go up again, but didn't specify by how much. The houses in Parklands have, in general, a lot of room to expand and have larger gardens, hence the highish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

considering they were 285k (4bed semi) and 380 (4bed detached) when launched in 2011 i'm going for:

4 bed semi = 305k
    4 bed detached = 400k

and for that reason.... i'm out

I think they mentioned that in the last phase some of the detached went for 415 and that they are expecting them to be more expensive than that this time around and they did say that the 4bed semis are going to be over 300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

picklest wrote: »
    I think they mentioned that in the last phase some of the detached went for 415 and that they are expecting them to be more expensive than that this time around and they did say that the 4bed semis are going to be over 300

A bit pricy in my opinion. For 415k eur you can do a lot better these days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

Galego wrote: »
    A bit pricy in my opinion. For 415k eur you can do a lot better these days.....

Just to come back to this forum for a quick update....

I've heard on the grapevine that you can expect the next release of detached to be priced in excess of €425k. Most probably over €430k.

Make of that what you will. Obviously the developer/agent feels there are people out there willing to pay that sort of money for these houses. Good luck to them.

As I said in my one and only post before, they are nice houses in a good location but severely compromised by the overall size of the plot. No garage, small garden, overlooked at rear. And I'd also question as to whether they are all actually A-rated energy efficient. But you pays your money and takes your chance...

There is a huge shortage of decent family homes in Maynooth so I reckon that is what is pushing the prices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John1970

€430k - Seriously? Surely they can't expect anybody to be stupid enough to pay that kind of money to buy off the plans from a builder with a reputation for building substandard homes? With the upcoming bank stress tests, the Irish banks will be found to be under capatilized, interest rates will go up, ECB interest rates will go up, a significant portion of the 400k tracker mortgages in the country will default, homes will flood the market and prices will go down. Have we learned nothing as a country over the past 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

John1970 wrote: »
    €430k - Seriously? Surely they can't expect anybody to be stupid enough to pay that kind of money to buy off the plans from a builder with a reputation for building sub-standard homes? With the upcoming bank stress tests, the Irish banks will be found to be under capatilized, interest rates will go up, ECB interest rates will go up, a significant portion of the 400k tracker mortgages in the country will default, homes will flood the market ad prices will go down. Have we learned nothing as a country over the past 5 years?

Heck of a lot of assumptions there.

Seriously though, 430? Can live in some nice places in Dublin for that:

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/241-glasnevin-avenue-glasnevin-dublin-11/2664420

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/18-laraghcon-lucan-dublin-west/2696343

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/21-willington-drive-templeogue-terenure-dublin-6w/2736983

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Spoke to a guy who worked on these yesterday evening and told me they are among the best finishes he has seen since the pre Celtic Tiger ere. However he also told me Kildare County Council have picked up some in the last phrase and will be bidding again in the new phase. Now if this true ( and I have no reason to believe it is not) it is really unfair on the average punter who is trying to bid against a large organisation. Furthermore it is sickening if our hard earned tax money is being used to drive up house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Skelp wrote: »
    Spoke to a guy who worked on these yesterday evening and told me they are among the best finishes he has seen since the pre Celtic Tiger ere.

For that money they are asking for it is the least builders could do rite?

TEquote="Skelp;88870350"]Spoke to a guy who worked on these yesterday evening and told me they are among the best finishes he has seen since the pre Celtic Tiger ere. However he also told me Kildare County Council have picked up some in the last phrase and will be bidding again in the new phase. Now if this true ( and I have no reason to believe it is not) it is really unfair on the average punter who is trying to bid against a large organisation. Furthermore it is sickening if our hard earned tax money is being used to drive up house prices.[/quote]

REF: Kildare CoCo picking up some houses in the last phase, would this be for social housing. As far as I was made aware , all houses were purchased by owner occupier, with one exception.....

Anyone have more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Yes if anyone has more info on this I'd like to hear it also. I'm a bit sickened to hear that about Kildare CoCo bidding... Driving up the prices on the individual. Movinout, who did you get that info from? pm if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

all very interesting, especially the coco stuff...

so if €380k is considered "good value" but €430k is considered "a bit pricey" what do we think is a fair price.

somewhere in the middle €405k?

Advertisement