Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

Not really! No offence HP1 but I'd imagine any prospective buyers would want take the trouble to contact the County Council and EA directly themselves for definitive confirmation one way or another :o

That's what I did and it's cleared it up for me anyway. Just passing on the reply I received. No offence taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have no idea where that is even looking at the map.
    I can not wait to see how much the house in Rockfield went for.

Maynooth offers way more then most places a similar distance from Dublin City.
    The university,HP and Intel help increase demand from people not commuting to the city aswell.

I think that house is on the old dunboyne road, just after the bend coming from maynooth on the right hand side. Was surprised at the price too TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 northsider001

20 Rockfield Green, Maynooth sold for €270k last month (3 bed with garage). Asking price €295k

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There was a big one for sale there too which is no longer showing up on myhome.ie and is not on the property price register yet either.
    I would have loved one of the big extended ones there or Parklands but there were none when we were looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 epag

Interested in the 4b detached. With the latest phase launching soon, feeling very apprehensive about this bidding process. If anyone is open to sharing their experience, I'd love to hear more.

1. When the phase launches, I assume the agent provides an asking price - Did anyone bid below asking & win
    2. Does the register price reflect the bidding price/price agree with agent? What % extra should I expect to pay ( I know this could vary greatly depending on finishes)
    3. Did anyone place a bid subject to conditions?
    4. Did anyone agree a price for builder finish (minus paint, floors, tiles, kitchen) or was that even an option?
    5. Can anyone explain the recent growth in prices on the register (350/360K in Oct 13 to 397/400K in Dec 13) - I know there is a squeeze on supply but growth like that doesn't seem realistic... wondered if there is a reasonable explanation for it?)

Really appreciate your feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MACH2013

1. When the phase launches, I assume the agent provides an asking price - Did anyone bid below asking & win
    They mention that bids should be made in excess of a certain asking price. During my phase, everyone bid between €500 and above extra to secure a house
    2. Does the register price reflect the bidding price/price agree with agent? What % extra should I expect to pay ( I know this could vary greatly depending on finishes)
    See above. The register should reflect the price less vat, but this is wrong in places. 13.5% should have been added. I can't, and won't, tell you what to bid!
    3. Did anyone place a bid subject to conditions?
    We got our solicitor to add a few restrictions, but all were met without issue. - Have to say we found the builder more than fair and approachable. Just our opinion.
    4. Did anyone agree a price for builder finish (minus paint, floors, tiles, kitchen) or was that even an option?
    We didn't. Not sure if its an option. The finish is very good. We got our own tiles, but used the sites tiler, who does really good work and is very reasonable. Just our opinion.
    5. Can anyone explain the recent growth in prices on the register (350/360K in Oct 13 to 397/400K in Dec 13) - I know there is a squeeze on supply but growth like that doesn't seem realistic... wondered if there is a reasonable explanation for it?) See 2 above

Overall we found the experience quiet refreshing. We found the builder and project manager excellent to deal with, they threw in a few extras at no extra cost etc. We even had a few snags etc with heating system, and they fixed them immediately, and said even in a year or two if anything happens give them a shout.

The info here reflects our experience, is our opinion, and we have no loyalty or external aquaintance with the builder.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info, MACH

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JellyKitten

Well guys,
    The boyfriend got his email through and said the EA/ developer looking for 450,000 up for the detached 4-bed and 320,000 for the 4-bed semi... for the 4 bed detached that means 450k and 4.5k stamp duty and 30k upwards for fitting out. With solicitor and surveyor etc. that's over 490,000:eek: He's gutted, think was expecting some increase but that's game over unfortunately.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Movinout2014

Well guys,
    The boyfriend got his email through and said the EA/ developer looking for 450,000 up for the detached 4-bed and 320,000 for the 4-bed semi... for the 4 bed detached that means 450k and 4.5k stamp duty and 30k upwards for fitting out. With solicitor and surveyor etc. that's over 490,000:eek: He's gutted, think was expecting some increase but that's game over unfortunately.:(:(

That is an unbelievable increase on the previous phase! Likewise, were not expecting such a jump. We are out also if that's the case..... Not happy!

That is an unbelievable increase on the previous phase! Likewise, were not expecting such a jump. We are out also if that's the case..... Not happy!

It seems like quite the jump alright. Nothing to say that you shouldn't bid lower than that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spidermofo

Was expecting some sort of increase and had got the help from family to make a stretch for it.. Had mortgage approved ready to go for it!! ..320!!.. Took me completely by surprise! Disappointed .. wasn't ment to be so! :( TBH .. Even with my heart set on it I don't think I'd have paid that if I had it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Wow, did I miss the swimming pool in the garden when I veiwed the showhouse? Suplly of new homes is low, but not low enough to warrant that price for those houses. Would be physically sick to give them that money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Any indication of 3bed semi? 295-300?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 epag

Haven't got any email yet, still waiting, but devastated & outraged to hear price of 450K.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

epag wrote: »
    Haven't got any email yet, still waiting, but devastated & outraged to hear price of 450K.

Have not received any email either (yet? ). Very shocked at that jump. Feeling pretty gutted as had focused a lot on this this move but that price is outrageous. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

That's some increase! The heady days of the Celtic tiger are back!

You can see from the PPR that the most a 4 bed detached went for was 411k (the next highest was 400) so how they are jumping up over 10% (not including the attic conversions etc) is beyond me.

Good luck indeed!

@jellykitten, can you tell us if your bf was one if the ones who was outbid last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gossipgirl2014

That's some increase! The heady days of the Celtic tiger are back!

You can see from the PPR that the most a 4 bed detached went for was 411k (the next highest was 400) so how they are jumping up over 10% (not including the attic conversions etc) is beyond me.

Good luck indeed!

@jellykitten, can you tell us if your bf was one if the ones who was outbid last time?

Some of those houses last time around went for over €450!! Check out this link:
    The price listed of €411 on the register is minus VAT I think.

http://propertypriceregisterireland.com/search/area/maynooth/

Some of those houses last time around went for over €450!! Check out this link:
    The price listed of €411 on the register is minus VAT I think.

http://propertypriceregisterireland.com/search/area/maynooth/

Nah, some of them are including VAT, some are excluding. The PPR has a few anomalies, but I can see the last one registered sold for €400k in Dec 2013.

Don't believe those with vested interests on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Curious2014

320k and 450k, that's disappointing as we were expecting an increase but not this kind of jump. We are not willing to pay this kind of money for these houses. I can't see many people doing so. Mad money. Ridiculous expectations. The EA/developer might be in for disappointment themselves if people have sense and don't offer this kind of money taking everything into consideration.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

New houses I think are excl vat and 2nd hand are inclusive on the price register.

Has anyone else actually got the email? We
    Tend to get all of the emails from coonans and never got one....hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Has anyone else actually got the email? We
    Tend to get all of the emails from coonans and never got one....hmm

I got the email. Did you have a bid rejected in the last phase during the summer? Think they are only sending it out to those people and are holding a draw for the houses in the showhouse. They said there will be more interested buyers than houses available and you have to show up on the day to be in the draw. The new houses will have some new features like central heating pump and solar panels that power electricity apparently. Maybe that's why they think they can up the prices so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Movinout2014

Sasha144 wrote: »
    I got the email. Did you have a bid rejected in the last phase during the summer? Think they are only sending it out to those people and are holding a draw for the houses in the showhouse. They said there will be more interested buyers than houses available and you have to show up on the day to be in the draw. The new houses will have some new features like central heating pump and solar panels that power electricity apparently. Maybe that's why they think they can up the prices so much?

Hi ,

Would you be able to pm me the email?

Tha nd

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

Hi ,

Would you be able to pm me the email?

Tha nd

Just sent it there

Sasha144 wrote: »

No our bid was successful last summer - that's why, so! Wed gotten all other emas though...thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whatshesaid

Did they say when they estimate the next phase to be complete?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    New houses I think are excl vat and 3nd hand are inclusive on the price register.

Yes, this is what they're supposed to be BUT the register is completed by incompetent solicitors so sometimes they include sometimes they exclude (whether new or 2nd hand.

I am pretty sure no house in this estate pre 2014 sold for more than €412.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Someone I know bid 413k and was successful in the last bidding process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gambrelli

Diffence between supply and demand (with access to finance) will determine price. It is clear that there is more demand than supply of quality homes in Maynooth. If people want the house bad enough they will pay the asking price and above possibly. ( No I am not the EA or the developer)

If you can afford it and you want to live there, best of luck to you. If not, look elesewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gambrelli

Excuse my poor spelling, half asleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Each phase has gone up by around 10k & people who were interested in these homes would have expected the same hike again. The reason this is causing so much upset is because there was never any indication that the price would jump up by so much, its a hike of 40k ?! It takes it to a whole other level of mortgage repayments etc. Interested parties have would have invested so much time & energy into researching & planning only to never have stood a chance! If there are new features this should have been advised at views & some indication of price given, having a "draw" in the show house I feel is also bad form, this isn't a game messing around with people's time & futures :0(

Advertisement