Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KearneyDrico

They said all houses were now gone...how many were released in this phase I wonder?

I feel that the artificial lack of supply of houses in causing people to panic buy...take a step back, pause, breath in deeply and think back 7 years , but this increasingly looks like a real good looking girl in a bar and a load of guys trying to get her attention! Be careful of the honey trap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What is the fascination with this estate? Houses come up in the likes of Silken Vale and Parklands which are excellent mature estates yet people aren't interested in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

What is the fascination with this estate? Houses come up in the likes of Silken Vale and Parklands which are excellent mature estates yet people aren't interested in them.

I don't get it either. My parents are from Maynooth and they still live there. I know the area very well and there are plenty of estates in Maynooth that are far superior to this place. Anyone who takes the time to research the builder knows that he has a poor track record. Is it simply a case of people showing off and feeling the need to play the property game once again?

Is it true that all houses in Moyglare Hall had pyrite problems and that all floors had to be reinstated??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Is it true that all houses in Moyglare Hall had pyrite problems and that all floors had to be reinstated??

That estate was built by two different builders and there were pyrite issues. There have also been pyrite issues with houses in Enfield built by the builder, who is building Castlepark. That company has gone to the wall since.

These issues were well documented by the media.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JellyKitten

trevize wrote: »
    I'd guess some posters on this thread are from Coonans.
    Their employees have been caught before "anonymously" posting online.
    The way they got caught out here was funny:
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=58843&page=2&highlight=coonan

Casltepark is a very nice estate, but some newly Registered Users seem suspiciously passionate about the place ;)

LOL... that gave me a good giggle. How about fake user names "Coonan_the_Barbarian" or "Will.I.Aint"?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The larger ones in Rockfield and Parklands tend to get a lot of interest and used to be crazily priced too.
    I think the A energy rating in Castlepark probably helps too.
    We never looked in Silken Vale,Are there large houses in there?
    Moyglare was way too far out for us to even consider.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The larger ones in Rockfield and Parklands tend to get a lot of interest and used to be crazily priced too.
    I think the A energy rating in Castlepark probably helps too.
    We never looked in Silken Vale,Are there large houses in there?
    Moyglare was way too far out for us to even consider.

Yeah there are 4beds in Silken Vale.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

There were 10 houses that had pyrite and the builder has rectified them all. Doesn't mean to say there won't be more cases but it certainly isn't the case that all houses in Moyglare have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I think initially the draw of this estate over Silken Vale & Parklands was the fact that you could move straight in without any work to be done to the house. Also the A energy rating and convenient location are a major plus.

A lot of the houses that go up for sale in the older established estates are in need of modernizing inside and if not they are pretty pricey.

If you look at it objectively there isn't really anything special enough about the houses or the estate to warrant the prices they're going for.

Myself and my other half are hoping to buy in Maynooth this year and initially thought Castlepark would be the ideal estate but we just couldn't justify the prices they're going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Curious2014

So has anyone received official confirmation that all houses in this phase are gone!?

So has anyone received official confirmation that all houses in this phase are gone!?

Answering my own question! Rang EA. This phase is sold out. Gutted hearing that but wouldn't have paid those prices so time to look elsewhere :-( really like maynooth, I wonder how long till the sites next to Castlepark become housing estates!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red237\green237\blue237;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl320\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
    Answering my own question! Rang EA. This phase is sold out. Gutted hearing that but wouldn't have paid those prices so time to look elsewhere :-( really like maynooth, I wonder how long till the sites next to Castlepark become housing estates!
    \
    \
    I think mason homes own the adjacent field so it probably won't be until after castlepark is finished. That could be a few more years yet. }

hp1 wrote: »
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red237\green237\blue237;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl320\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
    \
    I think mason homes own the adjacent field so it probably won't be until after castlepark is finished. That could be a few more years yet. }

Thanks hp1

• Registered Users Posts: 25 epag

Haven't received any comms yet but at that price we are out. Unjustifiable really.

I think the same company owns all of the land down to the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 memisemoi

Email from Coonans arrived into my inbox this morning - we're on the mailing list for Castlepark after viewing the show houses when they first opened:
    Castlepark Update
    Please be advised we have released the detached and semi-detached houses to the unsuccessful bidders from last July. Following this process the allocation of all available houses has been completed and unfortunately we are not in a position to offer any further homes for sale.

Mason Homes Ltd have indicated a new release date of September/October 2014 but this will be confirmed closer to the date and will depend on their building program.

memisemoi wrote: »
    Email from Coonans arrived into my inbox this morning - we're on the mailing list for Castlepark after viewing the show houses when they first opened:

Yeah we received it too. Thanks for sharing it. Still gutted. Won't be bidding on the next phase with these prices and nothing else of interest for sale in maynooth. So disappointed about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone to do a snag list in Maynooth area? PMs appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Got the email too. Feeling massively disappointed right now, nothing else of interest for us in Maynooth at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 epag

No email. Ffs I should be on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boutye?

Hi everyone. Longtime reader, first time poster (and I'm not from Coonan :-))
    I'm just wondering about the 3 Semi-Ds that sold in the last few months that are on the register.ie site.
    2 Castlepark View - which sold for €265,198 or €299,673 including VAT
    5 Castlepark View - which sold for €255,507 or €288,722
    1 Castlepark View (listed as catlepark view) which sold for €273,127 or €308633 including VAT

I can understand No. 1 selling for a bit more as it is an end house and has a bigger garden but the other two sold for a lot less than people on here are saying the Semi Ds are going for. Were these sale agreed in phase 1 or 2 and that's why they were cheaper?

As for most people saying they are over priced... well I do agree, but we are are own worst enemy. There are no other cheaper options in Maynooth. 64 Silken Vale is a similar sort of semi D but is smaller, older, further walk to the Village, only energy rating C, not as well finished and they're asking for €265k.
    I was also bidding on 6 the dale Moyglare 3 bed Semi. Really nice house, well finished, C rated and bit out of the town. They were asking for €255 which I thought was a good enough price but it went up and up. I bid €285k eventually and it still went higher. God knows what it went for. My point being that there isn't much around in Maynooth and these are very nice houses (albeit with a small garden). The interest in this thread alone proves that people are VERY interested in them and that unfortunately means high prices. The whole secret bid thing is a joke though and should be illegal. How is that supposed to determine a true market value? I was speaking with my EBS branch Manager the other day and he was telling me that a large group of them have been putting pressure on Minister Hogan to pass legislation to do just that. I wouldn't hold my breath though!

As far as I know, 1, 2 and 5 are 4-bed semis..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boutye?

sorry, I meant to say 4 bed semis. 7 and 8 in that street are 3 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Boutye? wrote: »
    I was also bidding on 6 the dale Moyglare 3 bed Semi. Really nice house, well finished, C rated and bit out of the town. They were asking for €255 which I thought was a good enough price but it went up and up. I bid €285k eventually and it still went higher.

I have to say it's slightly worrying that bidding on a 3 bed semi went that high and your bid was still unsuccessful.

Myself and my OH are hoping to buy this year and really have our hearts set on Maynooth but could end being priced out of it if this is what the prices are at the moment

Boutye? wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Longtime reader, first time poster (and I'm not from Coonan :-))
    I'm just wondering about the 3 Semi-Ds that sold in the last few months that are on the register.ie site.
    2 Castlepark View - which sold for €265,198 or €299,673 including VAT
    5 Castlepark View - which sold for €255,507 or €288,722
    1 Castlepark View (listed as catlepark view) which sold for €273,127 or €308633 including VAT

I can understand No. 1 selling for a bit more as it is an end house and has a bigger garden but the other two sold for a lot less than people on here are saying the Semi Ds are going for. Were these sale agreed in phase 1 or 2 and that's why they were cheaper?

As for most people saying they are over priced... well I do agree, but we are are own worst enemy. There are no other cheaper options in Maynooth. 64 Silken Vale is a similar sort of semi D but is smaller, older, further walk to the Village, only energy rating C, not as well finished and they're asking for €265k.
    I was also bidding on 6 the dale Moyglare 3 bed Semi. Really nice house, well finished, C rated and bit out of the town. They were asking for €255 which I thought was a good enough price but it went up and up. I bid €285k eventually and it still went higher. God knows what it went for. My point being that there isn't much around in Maynooth and these are very nice houses (albeit with a small garden). The interest in this thread alone proves that people are VERY interested in them and that unfortunately means high prices. The whole secret bid thing is a joke though and should be illegal. How is that supposed to determine a true market value? I was speaking with my EBS branch Manager the other day and he was telling me that a large group of them have been putting pressure on Minister Hogan to pass legislation to do just that. I wouldn't hold my breath though!

I feel your pain. We found it very difficult trying to find somewhere in Maynooth, and we were lucky to get somewhere before the prices really started to climb. I totally agree there's very little for sale around; hence why the prices are so high. I'm shocked that the house in Moyglare went for more than 285k - I'd be very surprised if the 3beds in Castlepark sold for that. Hopefully in the next few months things calm down a bit, and there is more supply, and prices start to stabilize.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

We're in the process of buying one of the houses released in the last phase and were fairly taken aback at the the 35k price rise and were tempted to just walk away (as were some others I know) from the development but looking about didn't really see a lot of alternatives in Maynooth. The local development plan for the area has large tracts of land zoned for development and I've no doubt plenty of houses (for less!) will come on stream in the next 2-5 yrs. We just decided to pay a premium rather than wait that length of time but its does make you wonder about where the prices will go in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alf2014

Hi All, does anyone actually know how many phases there doing for castlepark? Finding it very hard to get answers from estate agent? What phase is next to be released? Sorry for all the questions.

• Advertisement

Alf2014 wrote: »
    Hi All, does anyone actually know how many phases there doing for castlepark? Finding it very hard to get answers from estate agent? What phase is next to be released? Sorry for all the questions.

The fourth and final phase is being released in November as far as I know.

Advertisement