Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stupidname2013

We had the same issue with the tiler, we changed the tiles in the bathroom as we weren't pushed but haven't picked out anything for kitchen yet... so indecisive!

Looks like we're neighbours too StupidName2013 (on the very back row facing the green)!

You haven't moved in then yet? Or you have with no kitcen floor :) Yeah he made us change the bathroom tiles - very pushy on Project Tiles and we got ours with Nationwide. Ah sure it's done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Project tiles had BEAUTIFUL tiles but very expensive I thought and I found them a nightmare to deal with (didn't return my calls, had to ring a few times for quotes etc.) We went for Nationwide tiles also. I'm also on the back row so another neighbour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

To those of you already living in Castlepark I was wondering what your thoughts were on the recently opened main green?
    In my opinion it's an absolute shambles - covered in weeds and stones with a very uneven and rough finish. It's far from the standard of the rest of the estate and needs to be redone I believe. Also, not a single shrub or tree has been planted in this area!
    Anyway, would be interesting to hear of other views of this and if you are unhappy with it I would urge you to make this known to Mason homes as we have done.

To those of you already living in Castlepark I was wondering what your thoughts were on the recently opened main green?
    In my opinion it's an absolute shambles - covered in weeds and stones with a very uneven and rough finish. It's far from the standard of the rest of the estate and needs to be redone I believe. Also, not a single shrub or tree has been planted in this area!
    Anyway, would be interesting to hear of other views of this and if you are unhappy with it I would urge you to make this known to Mason homes as we have done.

I don't live there but, as a matter of interest, who will be responsible for it after all the construction is complete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

I don't live there but, as a matter of interest, who will be responsible for it after all the construction is complete?

The council. (Hopefully). All construction will have to be fully complete for council to take charge. Unfinished estates don't get taken on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

hp1 wrote: »
    The council. (Hopefully). All construction will have to be fully complete for council to take charge. Unfinished estates don't get taken on.

We have been trying to get the council to take charge of our estate for 15years. Fully completed, mature estate in Maynooth. Don't be holding your breath about it happening. They will run with any excuse they can find and they will find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sewerage pumping stations are the main reason KCC have for avoiding taking in charge. If the development has one you may be left waiting a long time.

Thanks MYOB,

Good find. So 112 new houses, of which 40 detached and 72 semi-detached. That's going to have a big impact on supply in the area.

Personally, I've a slight preference for the motorway side of the village (because of the motorway and the mixed primary schools) and the traffic from Dunboyne Road to the village would have been a bit of a worry when it comes to Castlepark. But add in another 112 family houses and it's a serious tailback - especially at busy times.

Still, it'll be very interesting to see what this means for prices, including the next round of Castlepark houses. If you were tempted by the next phase of Castlepark but the prices were unreasonable you could confidently wait until the new ones start coming on stream. That's one of the big differences between N. Kildare and S. Dublin - there's room for expansion!

From a selfish point of view, I hope the Castlepark houses sell slowly at a reasonable price to keep the market stable, while also taking bidders away from houses I'm interested in around Parklands/Silken Vale/Rockfield.

Interesting times...

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »

The link doesn't work. Can you provide the planning application number - Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

kevint wrote: »
    The link doesn't work. Can you provide the planning application number - Thanks!

It's 14637 or search by applicant mason homes.

The site opposite Tesco with permission for about 200 sold recently too. I'll get the planning file number later - as seen here, linking rarely works.

14/519 is the extension of permission request, 09/8 is the original - 151 houses rather than 200. The field next door has 09/246 which is for houses and apartments - was 141 units originally but I seem to remember the apartments number was reduced.

So that's 112 beside Castlepark and 151 opposite Tesco. Is there planning for any of the land opposite Castlepark?

I see an application from Garland Homes to build another 98 units at Mariaville, Dunboyne Road. I suppose that's the other side of the road to Castlepark?

I see an application from Garland Homes to build another 98 units at Mariaville, Dunboyne Road. I suppose that's the other side of the road to Castlepark?

Sorry - on closer inspection, I see this was refused.

The land opposite is the former pitch and putt club, it drops heavily down to the river so will be awkward to build on. Lemme load up the antique mapping system and I'll see what the status is.

edit: 13/852 was a request to extend permission for 98 units on the pitch and putt, that was refused although the original permission was granted in (06/2051), reason was that it would impact on the river SAC too much. Must not have been a concern in 2006

There's nothing in for the land further up towards the fishing lakes as far as I can see.

There's permission for about 100 apartments opposite Dunnes also by the looks of things; 100 houses behind Kairos/Divine Word on the Moyglare Road (will expire soon enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Thanks for the info MYOB, we were among the very disappointed last crop of interested parties and it's been hard scouring myhome etc daily and finding nothing for us. As ixelles said, maybe another 2 developments will help stabilise prices and by this time next year we may actually have moved at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

In the same boat repetto. I wonder if Kildare Co. Co. will put a clause in this time that a certain amount must be released at the one time? If not we'll have the same situation again with the developer drip feeding the houses and sitting back watching the scramble! Hopefully this will not be the case.

• Advertisement

Even the 21 to come from Castlepark in autumn will help. If you search for houses in Maynooth, with a broad price range of 250k - 450k, you get around 10 results at the moment. If you change the range to 300k - 450k you get three, one of which I'm 99% certain is gone already.

Add 21 houses between 300k and 450k and it changes things a lot, whether you are interested in those specific houses or not.

Exactly ixelles. I think there are about 55 properties in total for sale when you search Maynooth on daft.ie and that range includes everything from 1 bed apartments to exclusive piles in carton - not a lot of choice. Feeling newly optimistic again now though, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Estates agents and builders are professionals. They'll figure out a way to drip feed.

I am very glad that there will be further development. I feel strongly that pulling names out of a hat and sealed bidding should not be allowed to happen again though as it is an abuse of power over people who just want to buy a home. If there is a possibility of highlighting this to the council I will definitely do this.
    For the moment anyway I suppose I should focus on the positive. I find the planning website confusing so just to clarify:
    21 houses due for release in castlepark this Nov (does anyone know the breakdown detached versus semi?)
    Does anyone know when the other two developments will happen and what the breakdown of the ones opposite tesco will be? Am I right in thinking it is 44 semi-d's for the moment?
    Thanks!

Planning permission applied for for 44 semi-detached (so possibly of a similar grade to Castlepark, or possibly not - the file's not digitised yet) directly opposite the old section of Tesco beside O'Neill Park. 14660 is the file number.

That however is a completely different site to the other numbers applied for before.

The other sites original applications were for:

1 (closer to the town): 14 semi-D, 36 terrace, 76 duplex and 15 single storey apartments
    2 (further out): 151 houses, from the maps it looks like roughly about 60 terraced, 10 detatched and the rest semi D looking at the map.

I'm pretty sure that 1 had its permission for apartments pared back in number though.

Thanks for that! For both the site adjoining Castlepark and the one opposite tesco it states the due date as end of Sept then 'decision date: new application'.
    Does that mean further info is required before the end of Sept and that they haven't announced when a decision will be made?

Extension of permission applied for today for the shim of land between Straffan Wood and the road (opposite Esso/Lidl basically).

62 houses and 5 apartments - for the potential Castlepark buyer there's 6 3 bed semis and 1 5 bed detached in that. All done with court parking so near non-existent front gardens/no driveways though.

Thanks for the update MYOB. that soundalike a crazy amount of houses on that site... 62?? Are there only 6 3 bed semis, am I reading that right? MYOB you seem to know a lot about planning in Maynooth - do you know anything about the houses currently being built out the Celbridge road beyond Griffin Rath?

Repetto wrote: »
    Thanks for the update MYOB. that soundalike a crazy amount of houses on that site... 62?? Are there only 6 3 bed semis, am I reading that right? MYOB you seem to know a lot about planning in Maynooth - do you know anything about the houses currently being built out the Celbridge road beyond Griffin Rath?

Yeah, 6 semis, 1 detatched, 1 small apartment block and the rest terraced. Its fairly high density but the no front gardens / courtyard parking saves a lot of space. Its a very similar layout to Straffan Wood.

There's either 4 or 5 detached being built on that site, seems to be the same developer as Griffin Rath itself. Very closely spaced.

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back! Yes, I saw the ones in Celbridge road and was amazed at how small the back gardens look. The wait continues....

Advertisement