Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maynoothres

D-Day has arrived! How are the nerves??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

Nerves are very strained today....
    How long do you think they'll take to let us know? Hate the fact that the closing date was before a bank holiday!

I know! We're the same. Longest long weekend ever!!!!!

I reckon it'll be after lunch at the earliest. They're probably only doing it all this morning. I doubt they were sitting down to do it at 5pm on a Friday of a bank holiday.

It's horrible waiting. I swear my clock is slower today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 its a waiting game

We are absolutely ****ing ****ing it to put it politely :(

Us too. To be honest, if we don't get one I'm going to be a cow all week.....my poor family....

• Advertisement

My gut feeling doesn't hold out too much hope but that could just be nerves ! It was a horrible weekend of wondering and waiting. I even went to bed early last night thinking the sooner I go asleep the sooner today would come !

Its a waiting game - we're the same. We're not hopeful at all based on the level of interest and basically shooting in the dark with a figure! It really has been a horrible process.

If we all end up being neighbours - here's to a few large beverages to get over this whole thing!

You better believe it :-) fingers, toes & legs crossed ! Here's hoping it's not tomorrow before we find out !

In reality I doubt we'll get one either but it's very hard not to hope! I have to stop myself mentally choosing kitchens, wall colours and granite worktops...

Even if we do somehow manage to get one, we know we're in all likelihood buying at the top of the market. But after 18 months of looking I no longer care.

Best of luck anyway to all bidders!

We no longer care either to be honest. Once we can afford to pay our mortgage that's all that matters. It's a family home to us not an investment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good luck :)

In reality I doubt we'll get one either but it's very hard not to hope! I have to stop myself mentally choosing kitchens, wall colours and granite worktops...

Even if we do somehow manage to get one, we know we're in all likelihood buying at the top of the market. But after 18 months of looking I no longer care.

Best of luck anyway to all bidders!

If you bid above the minimum you must have a decent chance. At a viewing I saw a list of potential buyers - it wasn't terribly long.

Hope I am not offering false hope. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Also sitting here trying to bury myself in work to stop the nerves jangling and not being very successful! I feel the exact same as you all - not holding out much hope and trying to (unsuccessfully!) push down thoughts of kitchens, paint colours and flooring!! We have been trying to move for 2 years now, and this would be our family home forever, so as long as we can pay mortgage we don 't care either.... Funny how we are all in the same boat. I reckon they are just working through the bids now too, 5.30pm on a bank holiday Friday was bids in, so who would start into it then? Does anyone know if they ring you if you're not successful, or do you just take it that no phone call means that? I don't want to live in hope indefinitely!! Good luck everyone and Let's agree to post back if anyone hears anything.

Yes I'd hope for a phone call either way, wouldn't be fair to just leave you hanging on for days in hope!
    If I do get a phone call I'll post - whether delighted or despairing ;-).

Not a good day to be working, and because it's a crap day I can't even go outside and do some exercise to take my mind off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Best of luck to you all. I hope everyone gets what they want. When we were unsuccessful the first time they sent us an email along the lines of ...

Thank you for submitting your recent bid for xx Castlepark xx but unfortunately it was not successful. The response to the release of the eighteen houses was remarkable and all of the houses have been sale agreed.

I wonder is our future neighbour on this thread. Fingers crossed for you all :)

Cheers Kathy22. God, not the most sensitive way of receiving the news was it? I'm dreading my inbox now! Do you know if they sent the email on the same day as phoning the successful bidders?

Can't wait for the day to be over to be honest. My nerves are shot and my nails have been demolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 studying disaster

We just phoned Coonans and apparently nobody is going to hear anything until tomorrow.....very frustrating! How long can it take to leaf through some offers and make some phone calls, don't they know there are some very eager people waiting to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I don't know but I wouldnt be surprised if they only email. They are not exactly the most customer serviced focused agency. When we got offered a house they mailed us (fair enough after numerous phone calls daily from us). Their mail detailed the property and price and said can you let me know as soon as possible if you wish to take this property.

Our process was a little different though to straightforward bid and acceptance.

Please don't tell me it's another day of waiting !!!

@studyingdisaster That is unbelievable!!! Grrrrrr!!!

• Advertisement

Oh God I can't believe that.
    Feel like the guy in the Airplane film...."bad day to give up smoking/drinking/sniffing glue"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 studying disaster

yes unfortunately that's what we've been told. I know @Maynoothres not sure I can handle another day of this!! :(

The girl in coonan's told us it would be Tuesday, on Friday ! How can they do this to people !! It's horrible

That's what she told us too! It's all so cruel!

How can it take that long?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 trevize

The delay is annoying, but not remotely surprising.
    They're probably trying to figure out how to squeeze more cash out of bidders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Oh no! Just when I thought today couldn't drag on any longer! Coonan's did say Tuesday OR Wednesday to us though, but I'd hoped it would be today. Looks like another restless night ahead, my mind goes into overdrive every time my inbox pings!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 axle foley

Hello fellow Castlepark bidders..... Looks like i'm certainly not the only one chewing my fingernails down to the core!! I got and update today that it will be Thursday before we hear anything from Coonans. As if waiting the whole weekend wasn't enough. Gonna be another 48 hrs of anticipation, either way, it is what it is and if we dont get it, there's plenty more houses in the sea (or the country)

Good morning everyone!

I called Coonan's this morning and the lady on Reception (who didn't sound too convincing or sure of herself) said that final agreements will be made today and that we'll hear later today or tomorrow, by phone call.

That's the update this morning but I wouldn't bank on her word!!

Anyone else lost all excitement? We have!

I just feel sick with butterflies now. It's so hard not knowing! It's also a bit worrying as to why they're taking so long? Maybe, seeing as people are bidding on multiple properties in order of preference, they're finding it hard to work out who's won what or, more likely, how to maximise the price for each property!
    I really hope we know tonight, I'm so sick of it now. First World problems :-)

I've also got the vaguely irrational fear that they've lost my bid....even though I handed it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Still nothing for you guys? I'm even nervous for you all now.

Beautiful houses but whats happening now seems to have re-descended into madness hasnt it? Reminds me of the good old days when we all bid to the cutoff of a particular stamp duty band, which was usually €381,500.

Advertisement