Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

It is misleading. There's a range of 20k there. Not every house went for 395/390. Coonans would only be delighted for everyone to think that's the new level for a 4 bed semi d in Maynooth. The reality is there were a few willing to go to that level out of fear and the EA & builder played on that emotion. Anecdotal from this forum, most felt the asking was over priced but were prepared to go to it, just about.

Hopefully, it takes the last few crazed buyers out of the market rather than causing others to jump at silly levels.

The Madness of the Crowd....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maynoothres

Was anyone else successful with a semi-d bid?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ColinMc

Is anybody willing to share how much they paid for a semi d / detached?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maynoothres

Ill disclose what we paid but only once we have our contracts signed! It's north of 365 & South of 400 but just not taking any chances!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

<snip>

Interested in parklands. Can you tell me more about the house first.

• Advertisement

Interesting. A bit more detail of the house spec would help. Having two suggests they're current rentals, condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patrickmayo

<Mod Snip>

Do not post your phone number on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

We're not here to facilitate legally dubious transactions.

Coonan's now selling a new development in Celbridge.

Coonan's now selling a new development in Celbridge.

Went to opening viewing. Similar spec to castlepark. 4-bed semi 385k. Only one detached for sale at 465k but really a slightly bigger version of the semi. Nice houses, minimal gardens.

Have to say it was pretty busy and they took booking deposits from six people on the spot. No sealed bidding.

It's a long way from Celbridge village and motorway. Would have to conclude that castlepark is better value.

Wondered if some of those arriving with cash were extra keen to get a deal sewn up before new mortgage rules kick in but possible wishful thinking on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Went to opening viewing. Similar spec to castlepark. 4-bed semi 385k. Only one detached for sale at 465k but really a slightly bigger version of the semi. Nice houses, minimal gardens.

Have to say it was pretty busy and they took booking deposits from six people on the spot. No sealed bidding.

It's a long way from Celbridge village and motorway. Would have to conclude that castlepark is better value.

Wondered if some of those arriving with cash were extra keen to get a deal sewn up before new mortgage rules kick in but possible wishful thinking on my part.

Might call out there tomorrow, how many houses for sale in this phase do you know?

Seems to be 12 for sale in this round, of which six were gone when I was there (3/4 way through the two-hour viewing).

There will be 56 in total which - by quickly counting from the site plan - includes:
    - 3 x 4-bed detached
    - 28 4-bed semi
    - 10 x 3-bed semi
    - 9 x 3-bed terrace; 6 x 3-bed end-of terrace

Show house is a 4-bed semi of 145m2 but four of the first phase are terrace/end-of-terrace. Those four were snapped up off plans even they will have a different layout and be much smaller (96m2 for mid-terrace).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 applicant

Do you know if they are open today and if so what time?
    I am on the mailing list but never received anything. That said,I'm not really interested either,too far from the village/train. Might pop along for a look anyway.

2pm-4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Hi all, for anyone living in Castlepark there's seems to be a few incidents in the estate lately we had two people in our car on thurs night around 1am. Thanks to whoever notified the gardaí, they also advised us to make sure no keys were left in backdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Cocobobo wrote: »
    Hi all, for anyone living in Castlepark there's seems to be a few incidents in the estate lately we had two people in our car on thurs night around 1am. Thanks to whoever notified the gardaí, they also advised us to make sure no keys were left in backdoors

Hi Cocobobo, What actually happened? Did they take your car keys from the back door?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cocobobo

Hi Cocobobo, What actually happened? Did they take your car keys from the back door?

Not sure why the comment about the keys in the back door to be honest but we must have left a car door unlocked, nothing in it luckily as had just done nct. Have heard of sheds & 1 house breakin lately but not 1st hand info. Just thought id flag to make aware

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Not sure why the comment about the keys in the back door to be honest but we must have left a car door unlocked, nothing in it luckily as had just done nct. Have heard of sheds & 1 house breakin lately but not 1st hand info. Just thought id flag to make aware

Thanks Cocobobo. Yeah I've heard about a breakin recently too. We'll have to be more vigilant from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's a stat for you. Over 100 breakins a month in Maynooth. On a par with Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

ixus wrote: »
    Here's a stat for you. Over 100 breakins a month in Maynooth. On a par with Blanchardstown.

Wow! That's a lot! Any source for this stat? Was the Garda Station in maynooth ever full time? Seems like there's never a visible presence about the village might not be helping..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wow! That's a lot! Any source for this stat? Was the Garda Station in maynooth ever full time? Seems like there's never a visible presence about the village might not be helping..

No, it had marginally more desk hours before the restructuring that made Leixlip the district station rather than Naas but its manning has always been part-time a and has been a bone of contention since the 50s even - there's recorded complaints in local papers from the college that long ago about it!

Source is someone who would have access to the information. Not sure if recent data has been published. Last census had Maynooth population at just under 12k with Blanch just under 69k. The Gardai hours were dramatically cut back in the town. So many people still don't have or use alarms, leave keys or valuables on view.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Just a heads up, there were 2 break-ins in Lyreen Park over the past week, one last saturday, and one on thursday night too, on thursday, a brick was thrown at a window, and car stolen, sounds like it might of been the same gang, happened around 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Heard from a solicitor friend that there is a gang in maynooth that is the source of something like 90% of break ins.

Also friend of a friend in castle park stupidly left their car boot open with Xmas presents in it. Got robbed of 100 euro of toys. I'd say they tried every car in the estate after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Sorry to hear that. My alarm went off last week too, and I can see a house behind us was broken into as back door damaged. If there are CCTV cameras still around can mason homes check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sorry for going off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about the next phase of Moyglare Hall?
    i thought it was November/December that they were going onsale but haven't heard anything from Coonans...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Repetto

Sorry, I've no answer for you ghostdancer, but wondering if anyone knows if the next phase of CP is going ahead?

Sorry ghostdancer, no info on that.

But I was speaking to Coonan's last week and they had nothing on the new site beyond Castlepark. I also spoke to someone (kids in same creche) who rang Mason Homes recently and the word is that their planning application was not approved.

It was not rejected either! It was returned with a request for more info. No details on that but it is going to slow things down. Person who told me this is keen to buy asap for personal reasons and asked Mason whether it's worth their while hanging on until the new development comes online. But was told it could be late next year or 2016 depending on how long it takes to get through planning. And then you have to wait for them to be built.

I think the big site opposite Tesco now has planning but it's higher density than Castlepark.
    • 14 semi-D
    • 36 terrace houses
    • 76 duplexes
    • 15 Apartments in a two-storey building
    Planning number 141002 - status: 'extension of application'. So no clear indication of when they might start building/selling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ixus wrote: »

I would love to see data to back that up.
    Tallaght,Blanch and Dundrum as far as I know had the highest rates of Break ins according to the CSO. things change though and a gang operating locally could completely change that stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Sorry ghostdancer, no info on that.

But I was speaking to Coonan's last week and they had nothing on the new site beyond Castlepark. I also spoke to someone (kids in same creche) who rang Mason Homes recently and the word is that their planning application was not approved.

It was not rejected either! It was returned with a request for more info. No details on that but it is going to slow things down. Person who told me this is keen to buy asap for personal reasons and asked Mason whether it's worth their while hanging on until the new development comes online. But was told it could be late next year or 2016 depending on how long it takes to get through planning. And then you have to wait for them to be built.

I think the big site opposite Tesco now has planning but it's higher density than Castlepark.
    • 14 semi-D
    • 36 terrace houses
    • 76 duplexes
    • 15 Apartments in a two-storey building
    Planning number 141002 - status: 'extension of application'. So no clear indication of when they might start building/selling.

Seems to be several other applications over by the Tesco.

Application No.-14519- 151 Semi det/terraced

Application No.-14660- 44 Semi detatched

Advertisement