Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maynoothres

Met with Gallaghers last week for our kitchen.

Can anyone tell me if they added an island or breakfast bar in the 4 bed semi?

Any other things to consider?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UsainBolt100

I was wondering does anyone know where Mason Homes got the kitchen blinds in the 4 bed detached show house by any chance?

thanks in advance.

Alternatively if you know a good supplier of blinds in this area.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stupidname2013

Met with Gallaghers last week for our kitchen.

Can anyone tell me if they added an island or breakfast bar in the 4 bed semi?

Any other things to consider?

Thanks!

We have an island - love it. I can send you a pic if you'd like?

Oh wow that would be amazing - yes please!

I'll mail you my email.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crooksling

Hey, is anyone still waiting on their pack from Mason homes or have people received them yet? We signed contracts in November and are still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

We have an island - love it. I can send you a pic if you'd like?

Could you send me a picture by PM? We are moving in over the next few months and I am torn as to do something with the kitchen in terms of an island/breakfast bar. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

crooksling wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone still waiting on their pack from Mason homes or have people received them yet? We signed contracts in November and are still waiting!

They haven't sent them out yet. I think they're waiting for brochures from suppliers but when was speaking to them, they're going to be sent out in the next week or so.

WBB

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crooksling

Thanks ForEffsSake, we spoke with them just before xmas and they were working on them alright, just wish she would hurry up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ColinMc

Hi all,

I was one of the unsuccessful bidders for the final phase of Castlepark. Has anybody had any luck with cancellations? I had my name on the cancellation list and would have thought at least one person would have cancelled. However that does not seem to be case.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

sorry for going off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about the next phase of Moyglare Hall?
    i thought it was November/December that they were going onsale but haven't heard anything from Coonans...

I've been told it will be mid march now and thats if an bord pleanala approve planning. Be prepared for significant price increase.

• Advertisement

ColinMc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was one of the unsuccessful bidders for the final phase of Castlepark. Has anybody had any luck with cancellations? I had my name on the cancellation list and would have thought at least one person would have cancelled. However that does not seem to be case.

You can also go on a cancellations list with Mason Homes directly. Not sure if these are two separate lists or which one takes priority.

For what it's worth, I was told in passing that demand for the semis had been very high but the cancellations list for the detached was a bit shorter.

ciartastix wrote: »
    I've been told it will be mid march now and thats if an bord pleanala approve planning. Be prepared for significant price increase.

It'll be a whole new world by then if the Central Bank's rules are in force.

Interesting, I'd be on the cancellations list for the detached with the EA so if its a shorter list I'm surprised I didn't get a call. That must mean that all the deals went through. Is there anybody out there who had a deal accepted only for it to fall through?

Interesting, I'd be on the cancellations list for the detached with the EA so if its a shorter list I'm surprised I didn't get a call. That must mean that all the deals went through. Is there anybody out there who had a deal accepted only for it to fall through?

I had called the builder to see when they'd begin the next development on that road - mostly out of nosiness to gauge when fresh supply might arrive on the local market. Apparently they are waiting on planning news.

But it was at that point that they mentioned having a list. The message was that if it was a semi-d I was after it was almost pointless.

I wonder whether this is a common list between Coonan's and Mason Homes. And whether it's in order of putting your name down or a matter of whose bid was closest to the 'winning' price. (I didn't bid)

I know that the planning process can take quite some time and if there is a large number of houses the more questions and clarification requests the council are going to come back with. Therefore you are looking at at least 10 months before a decision will be made.

That's interesting Ixelles, I didn't know Mason Homes had a list as I assumed everything would have went through the EA. I see one on the market now in Castlepark for €555k. Wonder why they are selling up so quick having only bought the property in 2014. Anyway as much as I'd like a detached in Castlepark €555k would be way above what I could afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

It'll be a whole new world by then if the Central Bank's rules are in force.

Ive been told there are 150 people on waiting list for moyglare hall but the real question is how many of them will have 15% of the new value of the house if this rule is passed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

ciartastix wrote: »

I'm one of the buyers in Moyglare and posters on the Moyglare thread. 4 beds have just been released. €335k now compared to the €300k last year. There's a Moyglare thread come back to life over it and the bord pleanala stuff.

I'm finding it ever harder to see how that house currently for sale in Castlepark will fetch 550,000 given the headwinds the market now faces.

Anyone see what Brady's auctioneers had to say about the property market in Maynooth? He's expecting lower growth this year due to various factors that will act as a drag - notably the Central Bank's mortgage lending restrictions (announcement due next week) and the abolition of CGT which, until December 2014, was a big incentive to investors.
    "The real buzz has gone in the last two to three months," he says. "It's a typical Irish thing. They see something going up and they all want it. And then they see it holding steady or going down and nobody wants it."

Sounds more realistic than Coonan's who I always find more bullish about pricing. A survey of REA agents, of which Coonan's is one, was published before Christmas. They forecast an 11% increase for Kildare in 2015 :rolleyes:

Some examples of Coonan's unshakable optimism:

This in Castlepark for 550k
    This in Rockfield for 469k (one sold for 400k last year)
    This on Celbridge Road for 499k - sitting there for six months, no sign of price drop

But this time last year I didn't think we'd be talking about double-digit growth for 2014 (albeit most of the frenzy was in the first 2/3 of the year) so don't take my word for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Eamonn talks about Intel. Intel has a massive impact on Maynooth. The thing is, that new Fab is nearly complete. I know a lot of people who are winding down there. There are 5000 construction workers. Estimates of approx 450 Israeli's due over the next year.

It will be interesting to see the impact on the market.

Are they people who are coming over likely to be short-term contractors? I saw a sign in Coonan's window saying they had a corporate client with an urgent need for rentals. Also heard last year that Intel were doing their nut because there was nothing to rent within a 10 mile radius.

So you reckon that there will be (net) fewer people working at Intel from here on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

With intel construction winding down, those short term leases and house shares will be ending. But a new fab means new full time employees and shift workers. Not massive amounts but maybe a few hundred.

The Israelis will be on 6or 11 month relocation contracts. And intel wont put them in dumps. People won't relocate without a decent place to live.

Will the new permanent staff be well paid? I know a few Intel workers and they fairly well, as far as I can make out. But then I knew someone who did shifts in HP and the pay was miserable.

So will the new facility be providing high-end employment or going for younger/mobile/cheaper workers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

It all depends on skills. When I was a full time employee reg 8-4.30. Just got degree out of college, I was on their minimum of 32000 a year. That was about 8 years ago. They also have a few sub contractors where the employees don't actually work for intel but are on site technically working for someone else. As Far as I know shift workers make about 25% more than a regular day worker.

I would say it'll be pretty broad accross the board as to who they'll be employing, but iknowtheyarealways searching for new creative engineers just out of college

Question to all Castleparkers,

What is the commute time (honestly) from Castlepark to the Dublin city centre in the mornings and vice versa in the evenings

(a) by car
    (b) by bus

Are they people who are coming over likely to be short-term contractors? I saw a sign in Coonan's window saying they had a corporate client with an urgent need for rentals. Also heard last year that Intel were doing their nut because there was nothing to rent within a 10 mile radius.

So you reckon that there will be (net) fewer people working at Intel from here on?

It's a broad spectrum so difficult to tell. Here's four examples I know of:

A young Israeli couple with baby in a four bed detached house. Rent would fetch 1800 pm.

A married Israeli man with kids over on his own in a 3 bed duplex. Rent would fetch 1350 pm

An American couple with baby who's contract ended early. Were in a 4 bed detached that would fetch 1800 pm. Intel held onto the place for 2/3 months while vacant until someone else came over.

A group of Eastern European sub-contractors taking a 5 bed detached house and making it into a 6 bed by converting the sitting room to another bedroom. Rent would fetch 1800 pm.

5000 contractors out against 450 ( maybe couples) in is hard to project when you don't know how many contractors are based locally.

Question to all Castleparkers,

What is the commute time (honestly) from Castlepark to the Dublin city centre in the mornings and vice versa in the evenings

(a) by car
    (b) by bus

You'll have to be more specific about times.

Leave by car at 6am and you can be in the city centre in 25/30 mins.
    Leave at 7am - 40.
    Leave at 8am - in the lap of the Gods.

Leave town at 5pm - 40 mins.
    Leave town at 5:30 to 6:30 - see 8am.
    Leave after 7 - max 35 mins.

Bus - no idea as I'd take the train 10-15 min walk depending on your speed. 30/45 mins depending on train and if there are delays.

Also, you don't have to go through Maynooth if you're worried about traffic at peak times. Swing right out of the estate, out the Leixlip road and onto M4 via Intel. Home the same way. Only traffic lights at Intel. It's the best way to go 90% of the time as no traffic light delays.

Thanks Ixus for the info on the commute times.

I have decided to put a bid on <snip>Castlepark Square. It's advertised €555k asking price. Is there anybody out there willing to share how much they paid for the last phase of detached houses (ballpark figure)

I know the asking was €495k for the final phase. If the final phase were purchased for somewhere (€490k - 510k) then I probably couldn't justify going any more than that for Nr <snip>

Appreciate any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

I have decided to put a bid on <snip>Castlepark Square. It's advertised €555k asking price. Is there anybody out there willing to share how much they paid for the last phase of detached houses (ballpark figure)

I know the asking was €495k for the final phase. If the final phase were purchased for somewhere (€490k - 510k) then I probably couldn't justify going any more than that for Nr <Snip>.

Appreciate any feedback?

PM'd you

Reminder @colinmc No <snip>is fully floored etc so will be worth more than buying prices of final phase from builder. Just a thought

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

I know the asking was €495k for the final phase. If the final phase were purchased for somewhere (€490k - 510k) then I probably couldn't justify going any more than that for Nr<snip>.

Appreciate any feedback?

You might want to hurry....

I've heard from 'friends of friends' that there has been quite a bit of interest in that house. Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me if a deal has already been done. I'd imagine that €495k would be someway short of the selling price. I'd guess €550k is pretty close to what it will get - if not even a few grand higher.

If that is indeed the case, then it'll probably lead to another round of "the country is cracked"-type comments on here...

Advertisement