Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Hey folks

I'm on the 3 network and the coverage is non existent half the time. Does anyone on Vodafone or Meteor find they get consistent coverage at all

Thanks

I'm with Vodafone and it has great coverage. My wife is with 3 and it is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crooksling

Hey has anyone gotten a move in date yet for the grove?? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

I'm with Vodafone and it has great coverage. My wife is with 3 and it is terrible.

Thanks.. I'll be making the move to Vodafone I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Hey folks

I'm on the 3 network and the coverage is non existent half the time. Does anyone on Vodafone or Meteor find they get consistent coverage at all

Thanks

I have awful non-existent coverage in the house, literally emergency calls only on the 3 network. My work phone is with vodafone and has now become my default for call. Vodafone doesn't offer very competitive packages though :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try Meteor too. I find their coverage in Maynooth really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

It's a shame you can't try before you buy.... (Or commit to a 2 year contract :))

• Registered Users Posts: 14 its a waiting game

Hi guys,
    Can anyone give me an idea of who's best for broadband and TV. I know upc are in the estate and we've always had sky so not sure whether to stick with sky or try upc for TV. As for broadband, we had upc in our old house and they were useless. We had fibre power (apparently) but couldn't get WiFi anywhere in the house other than sitting on top of the modem. Hopefully they'll improve with the virgin takeover but we need to organise providers asap as we're moving in in a few weeks.
    Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Upc 200mb broadband in a lot of estates in Maynooth. Its top notch. Wireless issue van be down to where you have your box and age of laptop. My old laptop needs to be plugged into box. New one is fine anywhere.

Not in Carton Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,780 ✭✭✭✭L1011

UPCs wireless is dire. That is a design flaw with the router. You can get your own separate wireless router and disable the inbuilt.

They are pretty much without exception the fastest provider in a given area when used over a wire.

L1011 wrote: »
    UPCs wireless is dire. That is a design flaw with the router. You can get your own separate wireless router and disable the inbuilt.

They are pretty much without exception the fastest provider in a given area when used over a wire.

Our wireless is absolutely terrible. Any router you would recommend - currently researching one at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,780 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Asus rt66.

The more devices you can move to 5ghz the better too

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Can anyone tell me how the sound proofing is in the Semi-Ds?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maynoothres

@Bristolscale7 - It's not great!!! We were expecting a LOT better!!!

We can hear next door every day. Not quite conversations, but can hear the kids if they're running around or shouting - which is what kids are made to do! Can also hear their doors closing. Maybe we're particularly quiet, but it's definitely been a bit of an unwelcome surprise since we moved in!!

Are you a resident? How do you find the noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Yes I am a resident. The sound proofing is terrible and seems to be getting worse. I wonder if there is a structural problem--perhaps those millions of little insulation granules in the walls have drained away or something.

I would agree that it seems to be getting worse. We didn't notice it in the first few weeks. Then we thought, maybe they have wooden floors upstairs?? But maybe not!! I'm glad it's not just us experiencing it. I wonder are others too??

You have bought from a builder that has been linked to pyrite in previous developments. There were protests at the start of this construction.

If i was you, i would not let this sit. Act now as a group. If they complete site before you raise issue you will have little to no leverage. Investigate with all other residents. If you don't you could regret this in years to come.

Treat this seriously.

An old post.
    COYW wrote: »
    That estate was built by two different builders and there were pyrite issues. There have also been pyrite issues with houses in Enfield built by the builder, who is building Castlepark. That company has gone to the wall since.

These issues were well documented by the media.

Link

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It's a shame you can't try before you buy.... (Or commit to a 2 year contract :))

I get monthly sim only contracts,get one try it and then switch if it doesn't suit.

ixus wrote: »
    An old post.

What has the previous pyrite issues got to do with the soundproofing?

What has the previous pyrite issues got to do with the soundproofing?

I'll take that as a genuine question. My point is how things were handled. Home owners were left in lurch, construction company dissolved and set up a new one.

If there are problems with current sound proofing and it is getting worse I would do the following. Get it checked. Check with other residents for similar. If an issue surfaces, address it with construction company as a group rather than on own while they are still on site. Better chance of swift action.

If you do nothing about it, it gets worse and they complete construction, it makes it less likely that builder will resolve problem. They can dissolve company and move on. The old link shows there is form.

Putting up with it when you've paid so much money and builder is on site sounds silly to me. Surely you have doubts about construction quality if this is happening and with past history?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Gosh, surprised to hear reports re: bad sound-proofing. Almost 18 months in semi-d, and very (very) rarely hear anything from next door, apart from maybe a door slam occasionally... maybe we have quiet neighbours..!

mrsq2b wrote: »
    Gosh, surprised to hear reports re: bad sound-proofing. Almost 18 months in semi-d, and very (very) rarely hear anything from next door, apart from maybe a door slam occasionally... maybe we have quiet neighbours..!

We also don't have too much noise although our neighbours don't have kids. I have heard the odd sound if they have guests over or if it is late at night and there is no background noise. Our neighbours like to play music in the kitchen which i do hear the beat of when I am in the kitchen although I like to cook in quiet space so I normally don't have any music or TV on. I am working from home at the moment and its the noise of the builders that is most frustrating. We lived in a apartment in Dublin city centre so maybe I am more used to sounds between buildings!

PPR showing three of the detached from final phase over last few months. Add 13.5% vat to get approx 490, 500 & 510 for three houses beside each other.

Word on Ard na Greine out Celbridge road is two are gone (though i hear one is family member) with two left and builder won't entertain bids below 650 despite having offers. Fool hardy.

Some asking prices for detached in Celbridge and Leixlip in the 550k plus region. Two in Temple Manor asking 530(just reduced from 550) and 575. Funny when you see one from same street only traded recently at 486k on PPR after looking for 630 since 2010 and gradually reducing over the years. And that had a swimming pool!

Seriously, what is the story with Ard na Greine? Is not just pure greed coupled with delusion? If people were queuing up with fistfuls of cash (or mortgage offers) you'd understand it but, as you say, you can buy mansions in Celbridge/Leixlip for 500k - and live in nicer surroundings.

Those selling prices in Castlepark actually look sensible by comparison. I suppose with Ard na Greine you'd still have to throw in the cost of kitchen/bathroom finishes? And you'd better like your neighbours 'cos there's only four of you!

No more word about the builders trying again for planning beside Castlepark, I suppose? [I'm not longer in the market, just interested to see how supply is shaping up at this end]

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Does anyone know what's going to be built on the spot where the creche was originally going? I know part of it is a green but what about that part that's being used for parking now? They're hardly going to build on it at this stage, it would bring building traffic through a part of the estate that's fully finished and can't see them doing that. They've been very good at fully finishing each part of the estate before moving on.

How come it's not a creche?

Just wondering if anyone ever said anything to Masons about the noise? Christmas has been tough!!!

Just wondering if anyone ever said anything to Masons about the noise? Christmas has been tough!!!

Sorry to hear its been a loud Christmas. Our neighbours have been away so haven't heard a peep.

On another note - has anyone noticed that their pipes make a loud noise after having a shower? Ours are very loud and I'm suspecting this is not the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

What noise are you referring to??

• Advertisement

What noise are you referring to??

Some people have mentioned the sound proofing is not great. On another note we contacted Mason homes about the noise from our pipes and the plumber called out this morning to fix it. I would say if there is a problem get in touch as they have been great so far to us for any problems we have.

Advertisement