Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protester on O'Connell Street

Options
  • 25-09-2011 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

I seen a fella protesting at the top of O'Connell Street yesterday.

He was standing on his own and had a sign around him. I couldn't read it properly, can anyone tell me what he was protesting against?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was it like a sandwich board in about 4 or 5 different sections, hanging off his shoulders. Seen him outside the IT today. Didn't get a chance to read any of it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Yeah, that sounds like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Was that the guy from Sligo who was running for the Aras??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

He's the same fella that you see strolling up and down outside the courthouse, I've walked past him a few times but I've never got a chance to read what it says.

I don't think it's the fella running for presidency but I have a feeling it might have something to do with the current government

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Well, whatever issue he's protesting about, he's clearly not doing a very good job of bringing it to everyone's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

He's just some lunatic. Has about 20 different stuff to complain about on his board, to do with the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

thebuzz wrote: »
    He's just some lunatic. Has about 20 different stuff to complain about on his board, to do with the government.
    Kind of like a walking version of boards.ie, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

thebuzz wrote: »

me thinks the lunatics are the ones who don't protest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I know the guy you're talking about, he's a Dub who sometimes hangs outside the courthouse. I once stopped to ask him what he was all about and he just rabbled on at me for ages about everything from Veronica Guerin's murder, corrupt banks in America to car clamping businesses in Dublin :confused: To be honest I'm as anti-establishment as the next person but I couldn't understand what this guy was on about. I asked him what his protest had to do with Sligo or Sligo Courthouse in particular and he just said, 'these are the sorts of things Sligo people need to know about' although it wasn't put as eloquently as that :rolleyes:

His sign is crazy too just a load of random phrases and really, really bad spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rory0k

yeah he's a nut bar alright, the sign starts with something like "sign here to petition IRA government" then descends into utter confusion. I stopped to read it and it's literally just random phrases one after the other, about completely opposing issues, and a few that appear to be made up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cashel Hill

Seen him down outside the Dail lately, signs made no sense at all. Another nutter at play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

He was at the bottom of O'Connell street yesterday.

He has the look of a crazy about him alright. :D

Some guy who looked familiar was interviewing him and took a few photos of him, he'll probably make the champion of weekender this week

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw this guy today outside the courthouse. It said something about Jesus anyway but as I was driving I couldn't read the entire 6 chapters he had written on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

irish-stew wrote: »
    Seen him outside the IT today..

Yeah, The IT has always seemed to attract some weird people like that..?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sundancekid91

Supposedly he thinks hes owed money from the government and what not!When hes not working on the streets of Sligo there's a 80% chance you'll find him in Paddy Power!

Advertisement