Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Permits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Regulations say it has to be a contract of 2+ years duration to be eligible for permit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

srsly78 wrote: »
    Regulations say it has to be a contract of 2+ years duration to be eligible for permit.

Ah ok, thanks for that. Thats a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mariam Bilal

Hi, I'm living in Dublin for about two months. I don't have a work permit right now. I want to know if I can do some volunteer work here without a permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

srsly78 wrote: »
    Rob, the part you are missing is that companies have to prove they cannot find a candidate from within the EU to fill the position before they can bring in a foreigner. In reality this means you have no chance at all, there are lots of unemployed Irish/EU software engineers that you are competing against. The company would have to make a very strong case that they can ONLY find a foreigner suitable for the position.

This is why in the UK they insist you bring your passport to interview (so they have proof they are interviewing EU candidates). Some places in Ireland have also started doing this.

I realize this thread is quite old, but it just got bumped and I want to clarify that for the Green Card there does not appear to be any labor market needs test (i.e. if you are a programmer and are offered more than €30k you qualify for a green card)
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/migrant_workers/employment_permits/green_card_permits.html

If anyone can direct me to contradictory information I would appreciate it.

Advertisement