Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs and Dublin-Areas

Options
  • 26-09-2011 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Maybe there are more threads like this but I tried the search function and didn't got the results I was looking for.

So my question is ... I just moved over to Dublin and heard here is alot of crime and drugs ... in which areas do I have to be more awared of crime and maybe junkies and do I have to look for my drinks in clubs so no1 is putting something in or aren't you get drugs in clubs, just outside!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Forget Dublin, Athlone is like drug central.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

You should always keep an eye on your drink regardless of where you are or who you're with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its the richer areas you have to keep an eye on

The criminals in these areas bring down countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

AnonOne wrote: »
    Maybe there are more threads like this but I tried the search function and didn't got the results I was looking for.

So my question is ... I just moved over to Dublin and heard here is alot of crime and drugs ... in which areas do I have to be more awared of crime and maybe junkies and do I have to look for my drinks in clubs so no1 is putting something in or aren't you get drugs in clubs, just outside!
    Just about every nightclub in Dublin will have a serious amount of coke being done in it. Even the clubs that are perceived to be posh, as for some reason, coke is still considered to be an upper class drug.

Keep your wits about you, no matter where you are. And never leave a drink unattended in a club. Leave it with a trusted friend if you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Think this is a cleverly disguised 'where can I get me hands on some gear' request.

/runs out to get Rizla's:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Anyone would think Dublin is the only city in Ireland that has drug related issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Just watch yourself when you are walking down Talbot street.

Lots of Junkies but if you have a little sense to you then there is nothing to fear. They are like walking zombies so you should be able to see them coming a mile away.

Dublin really isn't that bad at all.

Been living in Dublin 7 years and the city centre/ pubs are all fine with very little trouble so i think its reputation is worse then the reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

what id like to know is why the heck this came up in my ...your threads.... tab .....when i have never looked at it before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Everyone in Dublin is on Drugs. Im high right now and its half ten on a monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you want a very general idea, then everywhere east of O'Connell Street (on both sides of the city) between north circular road and Pearse St is "dodgy". So to is everywhere west of capel st on both sides of the city, out as far as Islandbridge.

That's "dodgy" in the loosest sense. They're actually quite safe, but they're the places you're most likely to bump into a junkie.

In general you're going to be OK anywhere during the day, just walk with purpose and don't leave any valuables on open display (e.g. don't wear your iPod on an armband). At night stick to the main roads and busy areas and take a taxi if you're going anywhere unfamiliar on your own.

I wouldn't leave a drink down anywhere, not because of it being drugged (ridiculously rare), but more because it'll probably be swiped or spat in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tell you what, bring a whistle everywhere with you and if you get into any trouble, I'll come and save you. Okay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

seamus wrote: »
    If you want a very general idea, then everywhere east of O'Connell Street (on both sides of the city) between north circular road and Pearse St is "dodgy". So to is everywhere west of capel st on both sides of the city, out as far as Islandbridge.

That's "dodgy" in the loosest sense. They're actually quite safe, but they're the places you're most likely to bump into a junkie.

In general you're going to be OK anywhere during the day, just walk with purpose and don't leave any valuables on open display (e.g. don't wear your iPod on an armband). At night stick to the main roads and busy areas and take a taxi if you're going anywhere unfamiliar on your own.

I wouldn't leave a drink down anywhere, not because of it being drugged (ridiculously rare), but more because it'll probably be swiped or spat in.

What kind of places are you going to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

do I have to look for my drinks in clubs so no1 is putting something in or aren't you get drugs in clubs, just outside!

No, you have to pay for drugs in Dublin. Why would anyone bother slipping you drugs when buying you three tequilas will have the same effect?

Just drink sensibly and go home with friends (friends you actually know well), not on your own.

AH response: don't worry about it, worst that'll happen is someone dips their cock in your pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

OP, where are you moving from? Every city has area's that can be considered pretty dodgy and you can buy drugs nearly worldwide. Dublin certainly isn't any different.

Parts of north inner city Dublin can be quite unpleasant, particularly to the west and east of O'Connell Street. 90% of the time they'll be fine during the day, but probably worth avoiding at night. I've lived in Dublin 20 years and only ever had trouble once and it was partly my own fault to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Riamfada wrote: »
    Everyone in Dublin is on Drugs. Im high right now and its half ten on a monday morning.

Pass it on my good man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtLONl4cNc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There are crime and drugs in every town in Ireland OP

Just more visible in Dublin as for some reason they put their treatment centres in business areas instead of somewhere like down by the docks
    And the council ignores the businesses and ratepayers.....

I'd say you're thinking of decades ago to Veronica Guerin time and Paul Williams books when Dublin had worse problems then most.
    Now it's everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

its more your timid attitude that,ll get you in trouble in double...i want you dead simply for being so.........*censored*......and *censored* ............here in dublin we,r all crazy fudgin drunkewn viking kings on the weekends................

honestly nobody is gonna drug you...if you mean....drug you to get you into bed.....they,d be more straight forward and forceful about it.....................

but ....my main point is.....we dont want people like you in dublin....you ruin our image of being better then the rest of you things........go back to making my milk taste creamy........

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

CucaFace wrote: »
    Just watch yourself when you are walking down Talbot street.

Lots of Junkies but if you have a little sense to you then there is nothing to fear. They are like walking zombies so you should be able to see them coming a mile away.

it's like night of the living dead around there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dublin thread from After Hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement