Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will bf3 have a community in +1yr?

Options
  • 26-09-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Im thinking of skipping MW3 for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I think assassin is going to make it extremely frustrating to play.

So BF3; will there be a large community playing it? Can I expect to just hop on at any time and get a game in a few seconds or will i be waiting and get put in half full lobbies etc..

I don't want to buy it and in a few months be unable to play online. Is BFBC2 still going strong online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hey guys,

Im thinking of skipping MW3 for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I think assassin is going to make it extremely frustrating to play.

So BF3; will there be a large community playing it? Can I expect to just hop on at any time and get a game in a few seconds or will i be waiting and get put in half full lobbies etc..

I don't want to buy it and in a few months be unable to play online. Is BFBC2 still going strong online?

Unlike COD games (with the exception of MW1) in a few years you'll still be able to play Battlefield games..
    I love COD even though it's began to suck for the last 2-3 games but with Battefield you'll be happily gaming for a year or two at the very least.
    For example BF2, I played this for 5 years and you can still get servers out there.
    I expect Battelfield 3 to be good for 2 years at least.

PS..I'm talking about PC now..console could be a different ballgame completely..it's hard to say really for the xbox/ps3 as consoles don't seem to have the same longevity as regards games.
    I mean..how many people are still playing Halo3 etc? Or are they all on Halo Reach now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You'll get good mileage out of it, surprisingly for an EA game, they don't repackage it and sell it as a different game each year, there might be a few add-on packs alright but as scarecrow says you'll get at a bare minimum 2 years out of it. Though i think they'll bring DLC to a whole new level. Then again the dlc packs never really took off on the last BF's and everyone was back to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Bad Company 2 is still going strong on the xbox.

LIVE Activity for week of August 29th

BF3 will be around for quite some time..

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Thanks guys, that's pretty reassuring. The online footage I've seen so far is pretty spectacular, i'm excited about it. Might pick up a pc copy too, see what all this pc gaming fuss is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thanks guys, that's pretty reassuring. The online footage I've seen so far is pretty spectacular, i'm excited about it. Might pick up a pc copy too, see what all this pc gaming fuss is about!

I'm a console man like yerself but upgraded the PC for BF3, it's worth it for the 64 person servers alone. Absolute mayhem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Bad Company 2 still has tonnes of servers, in every mode on every map.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

good god man. :eek:..drop that console copy asap....PC is where BF3 will really shine....the consoles won't hold a candle to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

We play online and servers arent too bad lately. it went bad for a while around the release of black ops but its picking up again now. even the IRL clan had loads of lads playing black ops and they are all coming back to battlefield these days realising how much better it is.
    we play hardcore too which has less amount of people on so I'd imaging crappy normal mode will still have good numbers. and if BF3 turns out to be a flop:eek: bc2 will still be played

Advertisement