Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Street C&C

• 26-09-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

ha___penny_at_christmas_by_superflyninja-d4az2nz.jpg
    This one is from a couple of years back,only processed now!
    Thanks for any cc guys

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

What is the subject?
    The first thing I see is the metal support snaking across the top of the shot. Below that is a blurry noisy mess of people with two girls wearing Santa hats.
    There is nothing going on that catches your eye.
    The only reason you can call it a "Street" shot is that it was taken near a street.
    I don't look at it and see anything amusing, shocking, inspiring - nothing. It's just a snap shot of random people.

Sorry for being so harsh, but that's my humble opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

no bother! If I expected only glowing praise then I wouldnt be looking for C&C! Thanks for the feedback!
    Well for me the subject was the three girls. I just liked the light and shadows on the faces and went for a darker, grainier PP, which seems not to have worked, I had though the metal beam was framing things a little,but looking now you are right there isnt a clear subject. A lot of street shots i see (that are apparently great) arent full of emotions and stories...its a tad of a grey area for me.I guess I need some reading up on the subject....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

Nice composition. i would crop or clone the top left hand corner, it looks messy. Blown out highlights in the girls hat :( Blacks are a bit blocked out but this is just my view of the rules as they should be. Nice though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Well for me the subject was the three girls.

There are two girls (Santa hats). The third girl has nothing to do with the shot. She is just a random person who happens to be there - she has no connection with the two Santa girls (from what I see)
    I just liked the light and shadows on the faces and went for a darker, grainier PP, which seems not to have worked,

Over processing these type of shots rarely works. Let the subject and your capture of it speak for itself.
    I had though the metal beam was framing things a little,

I can see where you're coming from with the framing but in this case the beam is just too dominant and it's brighter than the rest of the image which of course draws your eye away from the subject.
    but looking now you are right there isnt a clear subject. A lot of street shots i see (that are apparently great) arent full of emotions and stories...its a tad of a grey area for me.I guess I need some reading up on the subject....

Have a look at Felix Lupa for some inspiration.

Misstaken wrote: »
    Nice composition. i would crop or clone the top left hand corner, it looks messy. Blown out highlights in the girls hat :( Blacks are a bit blocked out but this is just my view of the rules as they should be. Nice though.

thankses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

i like it.

i think its a tincy wincy bit of a pity that the girl with finger to her eye has face in the shadows. A smidgen of light might have been nicer.

a bit too noisy perhaps as well?

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    i like it.

i think its a tincy wincy bit of a pity that the girl with finger to her eye has face in the shadows. A smidgen of light might have been nicer.

a bit too noisy perhaps as well?
    thanks..yeah shame about her face in shadow but the noise on my camera is shocking.....

Advertisement