Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Longford Belly

Options
  • 26-09-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

For years I have been on the tubby side and conscious of my weight. I was delighted to be in Longford last week and see I am really a twiggy. Longford men have great Ned Kellys in some cultures they would be sacred. I will be back they make me feel good.Is the Longford Belly the biggest in Ireland should we alert David Bellamy to make a programme on it. I tried talking to the locals and I could not understand them whilst I had no problem with any others. Does Mc Guinness's shop have in stock the "Little book of Longfordspeak" ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

For years I have been on the tubby side and conscious of my weight. I was delighted to be in Longford last week and see I am really a twiggy. Longford men have great Ned Kellys in some cultures they would be sacred. I will be back they make me feel good.Is the Longford Belly the biggest in Ireland should we alert David Bellamy to make a programme on it. I tried talking to the locals and I could not understand them whilst I had no problem with any others. Does Mc Guinness's shop have in stock the "Little book of Longfordspeak" ?

Good lord man! . .Do you not realize? we Longford folk don't actually have real beer bellys!, rather we have a long & proud tradition of obtaining these slip-on 'nedkellys' from McGuinness's shop on main street at just a fraction of the cost of actually cultivating a real one. They're quite often passed from generation to generation, & are highly valued, Ive been sporting my grandfathers since the age of 14.

ggg_5.jpg

The other massive obvious benefit of course, is after arriving home after a long hard days drinking we simply remove our beer buddy's & were fit to go . .
    I tried talking to the locals and I could not understand them . . .Does Mc Guinness's shop have in stock the "Little book of Longfordspeak ?
    See the problem here? You obviously hadn't noticed the beer delivery systems secret device, tucked into the corners of our mouths which has been known to affect speech in itself, however & depending on the time of day when you approached, we may have been already quite inebriated . .especially if it was before nine in the morning.

Now Incontinence . .if you were busy in town just eyeing up the Longford men,(which is your prerogative) then you probably wouldn't have even noticed anything special about Longford women then. .:pac: :pac: :pac:

ggg_6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Deregos wrote: »
    LOL, Good post.

Advertisement