Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studying in aus/nz

Options
  • 26-09-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Right my wife can get a transfer with work and we,re hoping I can go on her visa. As far as I can understand I am able to work and study while there. I would like to study as I have no degrees or anything. And I want to change field of work

So I have 2 questions.

1- can I work with anyone doing anything or is there restrictions.

2- what is it like to study over there. And is it expensive. If I study can I work

Any other info would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dclewis wrote: »
    1- can I work with anyone doing anything or is there restrictions.
    Pretty much anything, bar some government jobs etc (with you need to be PR or citizen etc.)
    2- what is it like to study over there. And is it expensive. If I study can I work
    If you plan to study in a university, then yes it is VERY expensive (i'm sure you can look it up yourself)
    You can study and work with no restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

Cool. Im thinking of going into IT/computers. Not really sure yet. Is there anything which they would be classed as too at over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tieko

You can study but you will be classed as an international student. Fees for courses pretty much range from $5000 for the most basic course to up $20,000 a year for some degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Tieko wrote: »
    You can study but you will be classed as an international student. Fees for courses pretty much range from $5000 for the most basic course to up $20,000 a year for some degrees.

Would you be classed as an international student - if you got a work visa first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Cork wrote: »
    Would you be classed as an international student - if you got a work visa first?

Work visa like a Sponsored 457 then yes.

If you are a permanent resident then you are classed as a domestic student same as a citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

i'm looking into studying a master degree next year as my current role does not qualify as a skilled occupation. It's going to cost me $31K to do it and there were more expensive ones.

You can do some TAFE stuff which is a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

You can do some TAFE stuff which is a lot cheaper.

What are these courses.
    Are they much cheaper
    What could they be compared to over here.
    And are they worth doing

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

have a look for yourself:

http://tafe-australia.org/

Advertisement