If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar

Options
  • 26-09-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Im looking to get the best one of these I can get with a budget of €500 to maybe €600, can you recommend anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey wingnut32,

The only one we stock at the moment is the HTS7140 at €799.99. This is the 3D Bluray Soundbar. Take a peek at it below:

http://www.philipsshop.ie/soundbarpage.htm

I know this is a little above the budget you've set but feel free to pop into the store and check it out. I think it’s defiantly worth a little extra saving. :D A nice juicy crimbo pressie for yourself. :p

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey wingnut32,

The only one we stock at the moment is the HTS7140 at €799.99. This is the 3D Bluray Soundbar. Take a peek at it below:

http://www.philipsshop.ie/soundbarpage.htm

I know this is a little above the budget you've set but feel free to pop into the store and check it out. I think it’s defiantly worth a little extra saving. :D A nice juicy crimbo pressie for yourself. :p

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :cool:

How would this compare with some of the yamaha models like the ysp 2200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey wingnut32,

I havn't actually heard the Yanmaha. I've had a couple of reads of reviews online and both units seem to score high across the board. I suppose my suggestion would be to see if you can check out the yamaha and the HTS7140 in the flesh and see which one gets your thumbs up.

Feel free to pop in any day and we'll give you a full demo of the HTS7140 instore and show you what it can do! :D

Hope to speak to you soon, Nicola.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wingnut32 wrote: »
    How would this compare with some of the yamaha models like the ysp 2200?

Wingnut,

(Great name BTW)

The YSP2200 is really a completely different product to the Philips HTS system - the Philips includes a Blu-Ray player whilst the YSP2200 is purely about Audio quality as you can see from the What HiFi review here: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-YSP-2200/ ...and even better it has just been further reduced down to £699.95 today!

However I do understand that this is still somewhat over your budget (well worth it tho'). If you are looking for a great product within budget I can highly recommend the Boston TVEE25 at £229.95 / €269.99 or even better it's bigger Bro' the TVee 30 which looks and sounds fantastic at £399.95 and is significantly cheaper than the Yamaha at just £399.95 - Have a looksee here..http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=u4TQdijk0HQ and it includes Bluetooth which is quite cool for your smartphone or iPhone and the set-up is stupidly sensible and straight forward!

The wireless Sub is really great as saves so much hassle and it really does pack a wallop!

Anyway enough of me wittering on - drop me a line if I can assist or if any og these are of interest to you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.