Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to cobh. 2nd Oct 2011

Options
  • 26-09-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hey I cant find a dedicated thread for this (maybe im blind)

Anyone doing this? I entered last week really looking forward to it now.

any info on the course etc?

Garmin trace

Last year's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I've entered this aswell. The forecast is looking good for next weekend so far, fingers crossed it stays that way. I ran it last year too so hoping to take 6 or 7 minutes off my time.

As far as I know its the same course every year so have a look at last year's preview for it on corkrunning: http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2010/09/preview-of-cork-bhaa-cork-to-cobh-15.html

There will probably be an updated entry on http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/ sometime this week but I imagine most of the details will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Thanks 6packs little hat!!

thanks ray for the edit

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

the temptation must be fed, and a B&B's been booked so i am head down now. We'll see nearer the weekend if it'll be ran or raced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did this last year. Great event and well organised too. Savage value and a nice distance too.

The early course is mainly flat from memory apart from a bit of up over a humpback bridge on the old N25 and going up the flyover to Cobh.

There's a bit of a drag from when you go under the bridge into Cobh for about a mile or so which is mile 12 i think. The finish is a bit tricky as you go down hill and then have about 200 yards to the line.

The road at the finish was half closed as traffic kept coming along the road and i remember sprinting pass a car as the driver was looking at the runners and not where she was going. However the worst hill for the whole day is the one to walk up to get the tea and sandwiches. Tis a killer.

And as i type this, i realise i'm wearing the shirt from last year.

• Advertisement

I got my race number yeaterday in the post! Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Best of luck to all participants! I was hoping to be there, but injury side tracked me. :rolleyes: Hopefully next year.

I'm so jealous guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

what's the start time?

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all participants! I was hoping to be there, but injury side tracked me. :rolleyes: Hopefully next year.

I'm so jealous guys!

Sorry to hear that poconnor16. rest up and get better soon.
    emerald007 wrote: »
    what's the start time?

race starts at 9.30. registration on the day starts at 7.30 in the montenotte hotel (€20)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Corkie100

How did everyone find the race today? I came in around 1.58, was happy enough, found it tough going today, even though I've done it a few times. Nice goodie bags and t-shirts at the finish. Well done to all who ran! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

@#xed! Doesn't augur well for Dublin! I spoke to several people who were 7 to 12 mins slower than last year. Nevertheless there were a few who managed significant improvements on recent form.

Well done to Neilie Hall of Rising Sun AC (LOL - Neilie will understand!) Ballynonty AC who, despite the humidity, ran about 1:55 in a full Sonic the Hedgehog suit, in aid of Tipp Hospice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Fair play to Sonic the Hedgehog. We swapped places a few times over the last 2 or 3 miles. But I couldn't keep up with him in the end. I was told he even found time the greet some kids on the final descent. I came in with a 1:55:49 on the clock. I was dying on my feet over the last 4 miles. It was much tougher than last year but I was happy to PB by a little over a minute. If it had been a 15.5 mile race I wouldn't have PB'd. Wrecked at the finish line.

Quick report from me. Time 2:07:5x average pace 8:30mm

Very happy overall. hoping to do 4hours in dublin so I felt this was a good run for me.
    Felt pretty rubbish at the start (maybe because i was cold from waiting. I had it in my head that it was starting at 9am instead of 9:30) but after 6 miles felt strong and ran well all the way to the end.

Very calm conditions with a bit of a mist (which was nice) But it was very humid.

Excellently organised race! water at 4 8 and 12 miles with an orange slice and water stop by a family at 10.5 miles( really nice support)

Great crowd in cobh to cheer us to the end. Loads of tea and biscuts etc in the hall which was nice. The bag service was so handy and the train back was on time and hassle free.

Thanks to all who were involved on organising it I will definately do it again next year!!

Results are up now for all interested!

http://www.corkbhaa.com/pages/results.htm

Advertisement